• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
May 12, 2024, 12:03:28 AM

News:

Renewing ? Its fast and easy - just pay here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

World Gin Day

Started by Dunkel, June 10, 2013, 12:57:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dunkel

Just noticed from Publin that this coming Saturday 15th is World Gin Day. The Gin Palace are doing gin taster trays for €10. Anyone feeling brave?

Eoin

Oooooh I love me gin, not partaken in a while due to my health issues and the 15th is too far from payday to be useful.

Taster trays of G&T with fresh lime would be the nuts.

DEMPSEY

It is amazing how a substance used for health reasons could be so perfect a marriage to an alcohol drink. Gin found its perfect partner when the well healed  Brits were looking to stave off maleria and get sozzled in the midday sun in India. They of course let the soldier riff raff types drink IPA but no they found that by blending fizzy water,quinine and gin with of course a slice of lime,they had invented the perfect health drink. ;) :)
Dei miscendarum discipulus
Forgive us our Hangovers as we forgive those who hangover against us

Bubbles

I do like a nice G&T. Makes a great aperatif, especially for some nice Indian food. Plenty of lemon for me.

Incidentally, at a recent Capital Brewers meet I got a little taster of the beetroot gin they have displayed behind the bar at WJ Kavanaghs. Really, really nice. A shocking colour and you really pick up the sweet earthy taste of the beetroot, especially on the aftertaste. I was drinking it straight though, so I'm not sure if a mixer would dilute the beetroot flavour too much.