• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
April 28, 2024, 01:45:02 AM

News:

Want to Join up ? Simply follow the instructions here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

IPA Kit Recommendations

Started by Paul86, December 20, 2018, 08:39:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul86

Hi Everyone,

I recently brewed an IPA kit from Brew west, (route 66, All American Double IPA 8.2% ABV) https://www.homebrewwest.ie/all-american-double-ipa-82-abv-6701-p.asp  sadly had to make some last minute changes to the recipe due to restrictions with grain vol/weight (due to my mash/boil pot being only 20L) and substituted some of the grain for hopped spray DME.

Ended up with more of a session IPA ~4.5% (still fermenting) smelled and looked really good, no doubt it will be a nice brew but not the 8.2% I originally wanted and still have about 3kg of grain left.

With this in mind I want to make another IPA... from a kit using the manufacturers recipe..... no modifications just to get used to the process and outcomes and something I can build upon.

What is the "best" IPA kit out there at the moment, has any one any recommendations, I have read a few reviews and the Young's IPA kit seems to be a popular choice.

Ideally looking for something punchy, hoppy with sweet/citrusy notes, not bothered about ABV too much and looking to make a batch 20-25L.

Regards

Paul

LordEoin

The Festival Razorback IPA seems to go down well
have a look through this:
https://www.nationalhomebrewclub.ie/forum/kit-brewing/links-to-kit-reviews-thinking-of-trying-something-new/
It's not been added to for quite a while bu tit might give some ideas

Ceedee

Agree. Had really good results from the Razorback kit.

RobShamrock

Another vote for Razorback, done it twice now in quick succession and will be doing 3rd batch very shortly

La brewski

got a mangrove jack pink grapefruit was very good after 4 weeks in bottle pity i couldnt leave it longer tasty stuff

La brewski

mj american style pale ale is nice too i have 4 fingered jack american pale on the go also let u know how it goes