• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
April 27, 2024, 02:47:08 PM

News:

Want to Join up ? Simply follow the instructions here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

Time limit

Started by La brewski, March 24, 2019, 10:20:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

La brewski

Is there any time limit on leaving your brew in primary was planning on bottling today but beers just not ready I have a busy week ahead of me so might have to leave it sit for Another week or possibly more can it get infected or any other damage

irish_goat

Nah it'll be fine for another week. Gives the yeast more time to condition the beer and more time for the yeast etc to settle and leave you with clearer beer.

nigel_c

A beer will only get infected if there is something in there from the start or you let something in while having a sneaky peek.
Keep it shut and it'll benefit from some extra conditioning time.

La brewski

Never had this before left in for a week more than instructions  say

nigel_c

What are we looking at there? Clear beer or foam out the top?

LordEoin

The only problem I see is a lack of keg! :-*

Slev

I see the issue there. I find I nearly always have spillages too when i bottle horizontally. I've resorted to bottling vertically.

La brewski

The foam lads sry I never had it before only done a handful of kits but they seemed to be flat when bottled

La brewski

I'm worried they would turn explosive if I primed them with normal amount of sugar

Slev

April 07, 2019, 07:13:07 PM #9 Last Edit: April 07, 2019, 08:27:18 PM by Slev
Quote from: La brewski on April 06, 2019, 09:55:32 PM
The foam lads sry I never had it before only done a handful of kits but they seemed to be flat when bottled

Could the foam be as a result of air being drawn into your bottling wand/tubing possibly?
Did you use san star? (or any other foaming substance)
Did you taste the beer at bottling?

TheSumOfAllBeers

You can often get foaming if:
- the beer is a lot colder than the bottle as dissolved CO2 comes our of solution
- air is being drawn into the filling tube/lines, and foaming at the spring tip.
- co2 coming out of suspension in the filling tubes also

wouldnt worry about it

La brewski

I did as I allways do nothing different just left it longer but I opened one at 5 days in bottle and it looks ok