• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
April 27, 2024, 07:59:36 PM

News:

Want to Join up ? Simply follow the instructions here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

Razorback

Started by La brewski, April 09, 2019, 07:37:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

La brewski

Doing a razor back kit for ten days now.According to instructions it should be ready now with reading of 1.005 but just like a few other kits I've done it never really works in time yes I do have at a stable recommended temp here's my og  and reading as is today could I have a dodgy hydrometer

topcat77

I recently done this kit and it took 3 weeks at 18.5dg.   Great kit in my opinion

La brewski

Don't rely on instructions so >:(

TheSumOfAllBeers

What sugar did you use with it? Table sugar, brew enhancer or dry/liquid malt extract. Or is it a 2 can kit?

With all malt extract you will never attenuate from 1.050 > 1.005 (90%) with a standard ale yeast.

topcat77

I believe that the yeast used is a west coast strain. My FG was very close to the 1.005. i used a bag of bag of Muntons brew Enhancer rather that the Dextrose supplied and used the dextrose for bulk priming. 

brian_c

You can't take the Razorback!

Sent from my TA-1012 using Tapatalk

TheSumOfAllBeers

Quote from: topcat77 on April 12, 2019, 02:48:36 PM
I believe that the yeast used is a west coast strain. My FG was very close to the 1.005. i used a bag of bag of Muntons brew Enhancer rather that the Dextrose supplied and used the dextrose for bulk priming.

Brew enhancer  is ~50% dextrose so it is more fermentable, and will explain another 4/5 points of attenuation.