• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
April 27, 2024, 05:15:21 PM

News:

Want to Join up ? Simply follow the instructions here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

It's Friday night, what are you drinking?

Started by LordEoin, April 18, 2015, 10:07:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

auralabuse

Quote from: Garry on June 12, 2015, 06:46:32 PM
Grafter's Pale Ale. It's hopped Tanora  :)

Savage stuff and only €1.99 for a 500ml bottle, you can't go wrong?
That's ryr river in kilcock is t it?, its one of the guys from mc gargles sub letting

Garry

Qs

Been drinking Flying Dog Dogtberfest, lovely and malty. Gonna have to stick a faux Marzen on the to brew list.

Just opened my 2nd porter for the for the first time. It's the recipe from Brewing Classic Styles. Way better than my last. That took about 3 months to get decent. This is already tasting nice and it hasn't even carbed properly yet. I've high hopes for this now.

beanstalk

Blueberry wine for game of thrones finale!

delzep

Currently drinking a beer called 3.74 Degrees which is made using Feijoa Green Tea (whatever the feck that is). Tastes like wintergreen  :-\

Qs

Hoppy beer is fragile. 2 weeks ago I bought 6 Beer Camp Hoppy Lever from SN. I ended up with one left over, brought it to a bbq last week and didn't drink it, opened it tonight and its a totally different beer. I could smell it immediately, the hops are gone it tastes and smells oxidised. Awful shame, it's a fantastic beer when it's still fresh (as american beer in Ireland can be).

LordEoin

Blacks ipa, clarion, limerick. 6.95 a bottle. I think i'll be on thw heineken for the night after these few. ..

This robbery must be bad for craft beer.

mr hoppy

Quote from: Qs on June 13, 2015, 12:12:06 AM
Been drinking Flying Dog Dogtberfest, lovely and malty.

Had a bottle earlier. Thought it was pretty nice for an American Oktoberfest.

Qs

July 14, 2015, 12:51:54 AM #68 Last Edit: July 14, 2015, 03:54:55 PM by Qs
My mate who has an off license brought round a few Victory beers he was given to try. Not really anything to write home about. Decent enough but compared to other US beers here nothing special. And the Belgian Tripel just made me happy I live in Europe and can get a real triple.

Pepin The Short

Bottle of Hilden Halt . 6.1% Irish red ale .
A nice beer given the blake weather here today . it`s definitely a sweet malty beer ,so if that`s not your thing at least try one . but could see it`s sweetness beginning to grate after a pint or two .I used to eat malt out of the jar with a spoon as a kid ,ssoooo prob just for weirdos like me who really like malt lol but aye it`s a decent beer if that`s yer thing .

wee blub from their site .
"A premium, traditional Irish red ale. Hilden Halt has a malty, mild hop flavour and medium bitterness. This special reserve is named after the local train stop, which used to service the old Barbour linen mill behind Hilden House. At a robust strength of 6.1% ABV, Hilden Halt is our strongest ale so be careful not to get derailed."
Hops:    Goldings, Challenger and Saaz
ABV:    6.1%

In a due sense of fairness i also tried their belfast blonde 4.3% .
this did not envoke childhood memories of scabbed knees and s-buckle belts lol . it`s fine but maybe it was not such a great idea drinking it after the Halt . it tasted like a run of the mill beer somebody chucked a load of hops at . and the hops did add a lot to the beer ,I`m just not so sure there`s much to back them up .glad i tried it but dont think it`s one id want more than a bottle or two of.

wee blurb for the belfast blonde .
"We have now merged our College Green beers into the Hilden family. Meet the new look Belfast Blonde! New look but the same great beer. A light, crisp tasting pale beer with a pleasant and distinct hop character lingering at the end. Using "Saaz" and "Hersbrucker" hops from the Czech Republic and Germany."
Hops:    Hersbrucker, Styrian Goldings and Late Addition of Saaz hops
ABV:    4.3%
Otium cum dignitate

banjobrew

Sierra Nevada Torpedo Extra IPA. ABV 7.2%. Lovely citrus hop. Very well balanced.
Belfast Homebrewers.

auralabuse

Sam Adams utopia 2003. I think this might be beer heaven.

Qs

Had a few pints of the Wicklow Wolf Belgian Brown last night, very tasty stuff indeed.

armedcor

First time I had this a few years ago I'd just gotten into craft beer and haaated it. I was so stupid haha

Bubbles

Beavertown Black Betty - nice and hoppy but the bitterness is a little overwhelming.