• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
May 20, 2024, 06:05:25 PM

News:

Renewing ? Its fast and easy - just pay here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

York Camra Festival

Started by GrahamR, April 15, 2014, 11:40:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GrahamR

Have convinced my missus to go to York for the beer fest for our 1 year anniversary in September, didnt take much convincing in fairness, this is the same woman who has let me plan our trip to Brussels around the pubs I want to go to.

Has anyone ever been as I don't want it to be a disappointment for us given the occasion
Lifes Too Short To Not Make Beer

Fermenter 1 - Turquoise Lunar Showing

Fermenter 2 - Vitalift Cider

DEMPSEY

Are you serious, I want to marry that women :)
Dei miscendarum discipulus
Forgive us our Hangovers as we forgive those who hangover against us

montofk

Never been to the Camra festival specifically but I know York very well, it's a gorgeous little town. You won't be disappointed, huge history and lots to see and take pictures of.... The Minster, Walls, Shambles.
As for the beer, can only say the same for that too... plenty of those cosy old English pubs with all the lovely hand pulled ales you'd want.  Great little town.
It seems to be on in out the race course which is a bit out of town, I'd be just as happy strolling round the streets in and out of pubs in town (as I've done many a time)... but since there's a festival on, I suppose it'd be rude not to call out.
They'll have the buses well sorted, plenty of practice from racedays, and it's not far anyway you could walk.

GrahamR

@dempsey she's a keeper alright

@monto cheers brother sounds like a nice spot, we will prob head for 3 days total so ŵe will
Get to see the village proper also
Lifes Too Short To Not Make Beer

Fermenter 1 - Turquoise Lunar Showing

Fermenter 2 - Vitalift Cider