• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
May 11, 2024, 09:59:51 AM

News:

Want to Join up ? Simply follow the instructions here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

May meet: Wednesday 8th

Started by admin, April 08, 2013, 09:49:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

brenmurph

Quote from: Blueshed on April 30, 2013, 08:47:15 PM
Blueshed - 1 Pale Ale
                2 Stout
                3 Black IPA
                4 Apple Cider

have the above 4 ready but think i will only bring the 2 ales unless it is a short list, then i will bring all 4.
Brenmurph:
1.   belgian specialty ale,
2   coffee stout,
3.   peat smoked ale,
4     lime wheat beer (on draught) and a few others if ye are short

imark

Quote from: brenmurph on April 30, 2013, 09:40:55 PM
Quote from: Blueshed on April 30, 2013, 08:47:15 PM
Blueshed - 1 Pale Ale
                2 Stout
                3 Black IPA
                4 Apple Cider

have the above 4 ready but think i will only bring the 2 ales unless it is a short list, then i will bring all 4.
Brenmurph:
1.   belgian specialty ale,
2   coffee stout,
3.   peat smoked ale,
4     lime wheat beer (on draught) and a few others if ye are short
Should be along with a couple of Belgians using Alex's WLP550 and my Wildeman yeast.

Alex Lawes

Hey guys,

Working late tomorrow so won't make it sorry.

Is there a beer set for the June meet?

Could do a nice pale for it.

Weiss

Got injured last night playing ball, so won't be able to make it tonight.  :(

Nothing too bad, but it could do with some rest.
"The world is my lobster"-Keith O'Neill.

lordstilton

Gonna have to sit this one out too.. See you at the barrel filling

brenmurph

just checking is anyone going? dont want to drive all the way to find pub empty?

Dodge

I'm going to stop over for an hour before work. Do you want me to bring in a beer or 2 for tasting?

mcgrath

I'll be there for a bit too, driving tho..

ColinC

Quote from: brenmurph on May 08, 2013, 04:44:38 PM
just checking is anyone going? dont want to drive all the way to find pub empty?
Myself & IsMise will be there too - don't forget the lime wheat beer  :P

brenmurph

bonus Ill bring two lime beers!

Dodge

What a great night getting to meet fellow club brewers. Pity about work, next time I hope to sample with you guys

imark

Yip. Good beers (and cider) tasted last night. That strong one Dodge brought was f'ing outstanding.
Could have used a bottle of Blueshed cider this morning if I didn't have to go to work. :D

brenmurph

May 09, 2013, 09:38:28 AM #27 Last Edit: May 31, 2013, 09:15:40 AM by Il Tubo
Who needs a barrell...........just steep ur figs in some whiskey and ferment the figs!  Worst beer of the night seems to be the trouble Or after that probably the pilsner Urquell!  Wel dun lads who brought beers, I particularly liked the belgian ale and the fig beer and Blueshed is doin well with his experiments! all nice beers last night except my Turf Beer :o

imark

Quote from: brenmurph on May 09, 2013, 09:38:28 AMmy Turf Beer :o
Would like to try that again in a few months if any left. The lime'd kit impressed. I may do a batch to enjoy when summer eventually comes.

brenmurph

the turf mellowed beyond recognition since its kegging 6 wks ago. Ive about 10 pints in keg, which I will bottle, prime and  leave a month r 2 more, can taste at future event. Peter Bamforth suggests that a beer should be tasted slowley with multiple sips over a period of several minutes to all ow flavours to balance out. In the turf case Ive drand several pints on a few occasions and after a few minutes turf cant be tasted at al really it changes to malty and sweetness with a lingering bittersweet finish.

But as Colin says "holy jazus" turf not for me! Dats Y I gave him a bottle of LImey ;D