• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
April 27, 2024, 06:39:24 AM

News:

Renewing ? Its fast and easy - just pay here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

Re: South Dublin Beer Tasting Event (List of attendees)

Started by Bubbles, February 14, 2013, 09:48:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bubbles

February 14, 2013, 09:48:24 PM Last Edit: February 15, 2013, 01:22:17 PM by Paddy_Bubbles
Great news folks,

The Dark Horse has confirmed that they will host the inaugural tasting of the South Dublin branch of the National Homebrewers Club.

I have agreed Wednesday 20th March with the manager so I hope that's plenty of notice for people. I had hoped that the tasting would be a warm-up event for the competition, but I think that might be too short notice for people. Instead, it will be an opportunity for the South Dublin homebrewers to show off their winning entries! ;)

In the meantime, get down to the Dark Horse in Blackrock and show them some support. They're owned and operated by the Galway Bay/Against the Grain folks and they've a fantastic range of craft beer in the adjoining bottle shop.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Dark-Horse/124395891058729

In time-honored tradition, let's start a list. Hope you can attend.
Conor.

1. Paddy Bubbles

JimmyM

Formerly JamesM.

Shanna

QuoteGreat work Conor!!

1. Paddy Bubbles
2. JimmyM
3. Shanna
Cornie keg group buy organiser, storeman & distribution point
Hops Group buy packer
Regulator & Taps distribution point
Stainless Steel Fermenter Group Buy Organiser
South Dublin Brewers member

Padraic

Shanna

Hi Puffy bubbles

is there a confirmed time yet?

Declan
Hops Group buy packer

Bubbles

Freudian slip there, Declan?  ;D

Let's say kickoff at 8pm. Do let me know if you have another preference though lads.

JimmyM

Haha Declan your phone is going to hang you some day !
Formerly JamesM.

David

I should have no problem making it

1. Paddy Bubbles
2. JimmyM
3. Shanna
4. Padraic
5. Tube
6. David

Rossa

JimmyM

75 will leave you close-ish, out on the dual carriageway at stillorgan or bottom on newtownparkavenue - and it goes past the top of your road.

Only problem is It goes via Donegal and Cork.
Well thats not the only problem... It doesnt actually go to your destination either :P - that might be a problem.
Formerly JamesM.

Shanna

Hi there

I actually thought he was going to be like myself and some others who have done a  name change and start calling himself p bibbles :-)

But seriously I have to use Firefox as my phone browser now and it's rubbish for typing.

Shanna

QuoteHi Puffy bubbles

is there a confirmed time yet?

Declan

Hops Group buy packer

Padraic

So will there be any beers that won prizes yesterday making it to this tasting?

Bubbles

Yip. I'll be bringing my last two bottles of Big Dawg Imperial Amber which took a bronze medal in the Specialty category. Looking forward to getting some face to face feedback on it.

I'll be bringing a couple of my other competition beers aswell. I did a Best Bitter and a Mild and I'm particularly interested in getting more feedback on these as they didn't score as well as my other entries.

Yourself Padraic? I'd love to get a taste of that cider of yours that scored 38.

Anyone else?

Padraic

Unfortunately the 38 point cider has already been claimed by swmbo so I won't have any to bring along. It was only a 5 litre batch so there wasn't much of it in the first place!

I'll probably bring along a 29 pointer, my other entries are all gone at this stage!

Only 6 on the list at the moment! There must be more southsiders out there brewing?

Bubbles

QuoteUnfortunately the 38 point cider has already been claimed by swmbo so I won't have any to bring along. It was only a 5 litre batch so there wasn't much of it in the first place!

I'll probably bring along a 29 pointer, my other entries are all gone at this stage!

Only 6 on the list at the moment! There must be more southsiders out there brewing?

Ah yes, keeping SWMBO happy. Probably a better use for it in fairness.

Yes I thought we might have a few more signups at this stage. I'll post a new thread in the Capital Brewers forum. Maybe people are confused wondering wtf "Godfrey & tristan" is?!  :)