• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
April 27, 2024, 06:37:05 AM

News:

Want to Join up ? Simply follow the instructions here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

Re: South Dublin Beer Tasting Event (List of attendees)

Started by Bubbles, February 14, 2013, 09:48:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shanna

March 04, 2013, 06:45:48 PM #15 Last Edit: March 04, 2013, 06:46:04 PM by doshanahan
Hi there,

I will bring along a couple of bottles of the 38 point tog Sierra Nevada Pale Ale kit. I think I might have a bottle of the 26 point chocolate stout still in the fridge somewhere. The other was a 31 point Belgian Ambiorix kit but I have no bottles of this left over as its in a mini keg. Can't see the Black Horse allowing us to crack open a 5 litre job so I will try and bottle it a few hours before hand in a few swing tops. I also have two new brews (another Sierra Nevada Pale Ale clone and a Boddingtons clone) Not sure how this will work out but lets give it a try as they are very new and I have learned that kits & extract brews benefit from bottle conditioning.

Shanna
Cornie keg group buy organiser, storeman & distribution point
Hops Group buy packer
Regulator & Taps distribution point
Stainless Steel Fermenter Group Buy Organiser
South Dublin Brewers member

Ciderhead

March 04, 2013, 07:17:24 PM #16 Last Edit: March 04, 2013, 07:17:41 PM by Ciderhead
I have learned that kits & extract brews benefit from bottle conditioning.

Shanna

Coopers Canadian blonde 18 months in my shed in coopers bottle 38 points
Kept it clean into secondary, 1 coopers drop per bottle, that was my last kit :'(

Shanna

Hi Ciderhead,

Will you be attending the South Dublin meet on the 21st? If so any chance we can get a sample of your blonde beer? I was tempted to do this kit previously but never got around to it as any time I tried to order some it was always out of stock.

Shanna
Coopers Canadian blonde 18 months in my shed in coopers bottle 38 points
Kept it clean into secondary, 1 coopers drop per bottle, that was my last kit :'(
Hops Group buy packer

andrewL46

QuoteSo will there be any beers that won prizes yesterday making it to this tasting?

1. Paddy Bubbles
2. JimmyM
3. Shanna
4. Padraic
5. Tube
6. David
7. Andrew

Will hopefully try and make it along to this and bring my prize winning beers from the champs!

Bubbles

Will hopefully try and make it along to this and bring my prize winning beers from the champs!

So we'll have all three medal winning beers from the Specialty category? Sweet!

andrewL46

So we'll have all three medal winning beers from the Specialty category? Sweet!
Should do, I have my 1st place Black IPA and 2nd place Robust Raspberry Porter for the speciality category and my Saison that placed 3rd in the belgian category

Bubbles

Nice one Tube, that gives us a pretty decent haul for the evening I think.

In other news, Beoir are doing a tasting in the B&C on the same night!  Oh well. :(

Ciderhead

March 07, 2013, 10:58:32 PM #22 Last Edit: March 07, 2013, 11:00:17 PM by Ciderhead
QuoteSo will there be any beers that won prizes yesterday making it to this tasting?

1. Paddy Bubbles
2. JimmyM
3. Shanna
4. Padraic
5. Tube
6. David
7. Andrew
8. Ciderhead will bring along his high scoring CCB kit  ;)

irish_goat

The Beoir B&C meetup is every month on the 3rd Wednesday. Would there be any merit in just adding it to the calender for the next few months? A big chunk of members on here are also on Beoir so it would kinda make sense.

I'm off to Sweden on the 21st so I've to make it an early night on the 20th anyway. Been meaning to check out the Dark Horse for a while too.

Bubbles

Thanks for that info irish_goat. I thought the Beoir tastings were conducted on random dates. We'll know next time we're organising something.

Tube, any chance you could put the Dark Horse event in the NHC calendar? (might be a bit pointless at this late stage..)

irish_goat

They were switched to Wednesday's to take advantage of the €4 pints.  :)

Bubbles

QuoteThey were switched to Wednesday's to take advantage of the €4 pints.  :)

Pfft, homebrewers...

Feckin cheapskates....  ;)

Bubbles

Tube, any chance you could put the Dark Horse event in the NHC calendar? (might be a bit pointless at this late stage..)
I did it this morning.

It's not really pointless as it goes out automatically on twitter and FB.

Excellent, cheers for that. I've just posted in the other Dublin forums too, might generate a bit more interest.

Bubbles

I provisionally suggested 8pm, but I'll go with whatever time suits most people.

Shanna

Hi Paddy Bubbles

Will probably make it closer to 9 on the night so bed time is out of the way.  Hope this won't mean that I miss to much.  I might also try drag along one or two non home Brewers to drum up some other interest.

Shanna
Hops Group buy packer