• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
April 28, 2024, 10:11:38 AM

News:

Renewing ? Its fast and easy - just pay here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

Beer Style Periodical tables for sale

Started by Adrian, March 02, 2017, 03:33:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adrian

My wife designed a beer style periodical table and is selling them for €20 each.  It was a fairly painstaking design job, and the printing for each one costs her €10.  I think €20 is fair then (frame not included).  Some lads in Capital Brewers have bought some and if anyone is interested I can get herself to pop down to Alfie's on Saturday with them.  I put up a few photos so you can check them out.

Adrian

Quiet_Man

Love it.

Would you be willing to post one in a tube up North? How much extra for the P&P?

Andy

nigel_c

Dunkel

I'll take one. I'll be in Alfie's from 5.30 onwards.

BrewDorg

I'll take one, but won't be in Alfies. Postage possible?

Leann ull

Hi Adrian is this an idea she got elsewhere as I know some of these ones are copyrighted http://grub.gunaxin.com/periodic-table-of-beer-styles/39444
20 Euro is a fair price in any case

Hingo

Quote from: CH on March 02, 2017, 05:55:24 PM
Hi Adrian is this an idea she got elsewhere as I know some of these ones are copyrighted http://grub.gunaxin.com/periodic-table-of-beer-styles/39444
20 Euro is a fair price in any case
No copy right issues

QuoteWhat is not protected by copyright?

Copyright does not protect ideas, concepts, styles, techniques or information. For example, if you write an outline of your idea for a TV show, the outline itself will be protected by copyright. However, another person could write their own script using your general ideas without necessarily infringing copyright. The other person would only be infringing your copyright in the outline if they started copying enough of the way you had, for example, structured your plot.

http://www.cai.ie/?page_id=11

You can't copyright a concept. If it were a keyboard design, sure IBM would be after every lad that made a keyboard meme. . .

Leann ull

You can't copyright a concept but you can copyright design. So to talk about periodic tables there are free ones out there as information is in public domain but some with unique designs or artwork do have copyright protection. Same with keyboard designs
In Adrian's the layout looks generic but if the information was lifted from another source and no permission sought and or acknowledgment given and that data was unique to another source then there is an issue around plagiarism.

All that said they look pretty cool and I'd buy one

BrewDorg

Is the information on all of them not just lifted from BJCP guidelines?

Will_D

I would like one please. can someone from North County pick one up for me please as its unlikely that I can get in to Alfies.

Will
Remember: The Nationals are just round the corner - time to get brewing

Adrian

Hi lads.  I'll talk to her about postage and packaging.  I'll get her to bring some down to Alfie's tomorrow too.  Dunkel, I can pop over to the shop with yours next week if you prefer?  I'm just around the corner.

Hingo

Quote from: BrewDorg on March 02, 2017, 04:38:27 PM
I'll take one, but won't be in Alfies. Postage possible?

I'm heading to Kilkenny (Ballyhale direction) on Sunday if you want me to grab it for you?