• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
April 19, 2024, 09:08:32 PM

News:

Want to Join up ? Simply follow the instructions here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

Kilkenny brewing club

Started by darren996, April 19, 2017, 01:13:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

darren996

Kilkenny brewers have parted ways with our previous venue.

There is a meeting tonight Wednesday 19th of April to discuss the future of the club and how we move forward

Meeting tonight in Sullivan's on Johns street at 8 o'clock.

Sorry about the late notice

irish_goat

Something happen with the venue? That's a shame either way.

darren996

Ah yeah it's a shame alright, we got the boot as they needed the space for something else. We will continue on though.

irish_goat

Fair enough. Brewery Corner any use? I'm sure they'd allow you to do brewdays out in there smoking area.

darren996

Could be an option all right. Something will turn up.

BrewDorg

Woops, just realised I never posted this - thanks Darren. One correction, we pushed the meeting back to 8.30pm, same venue.

helmet

Any recommendations for pubs in Kilkenny over the weekend?

darren996

Billy Byrnes and brewery corner, try Costello's new pale ale in Billlys, brewery corner has a great selection

helmet

BrewDorg

I second both recommendations  :)

Andrew

Do Cleere's still have something on tap? The Grapevine usually has a lot of craft in bottles (and a tap last time I was there)- likewise Paris, Texas (lots of 12 Acres), worth a visit just to taste their Beer & Cheese Soup. And stay out of the Left Bank- last time I was in, I asked if they had any craft beer and the barman "no, we only sell normal beer here". The look on his face when me and my mates turned round and walked out.

And obviously Sullivans Tap Room will be open. Also hoping to visit Ger (Costello) but he might be busy with Bloom...
Andrew
@beoirfinder

helmet

Had Costelloe's pale in Byrne's. Great recommendation, fantastic beer!

darren996

Yeah it's good stuff, it's been received very well and was just launched last week