• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
March 28, 2024, 11:44:19 PM

News:

Renewing ? Its fast and easy - just pay here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

Igloo 10gall water cooler /MLT

Started by Phil.cork, October 15, 2017, 08:33:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Phil.cork

Hell all a well meaning friend gave me a gift of a stainless steel false bottom but I haven't got a mlt. I was looking into buying a cooler and found that o Meara camping supplies sell igloo 10 gall coolers which are similar to the orange Rubbermaid ones I've seen people use. Now they said they'd offer a discount if 5 people are buying. Shortly after this my budgeting put a stop to any personal plans of buying more gear but would there be any interest here for these. I can pass on someone else's details to the shop owner?

Anyway this is fella in question and the price would be €90 if 5or more involved.

Bossgigidy

October 16, 2017, 09:13:08 PM #1 Last Edit: October 16, 2017, 10:44:52 PM by Bossgigidy
Was just looking for something like that but at that price I thought I'd be better going for the finished version from homebrew company? http://www.thehomebrewcompany.ie/insulated-mash-tun-new-design-34litre-capacity-p-908.html

Sent from my HUAWEI LYO-L01 using Tapatalk

Phil.cork

Yeah fair enough. I was looking at it because I ended up with a false bottom to use and I thought 90 wasn't a bad price

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Phil.cork

The other thing is that at €90 for the cooler 20for the false bottom and 20for the spigot you have the option of upping to 10gall batches easier for only a tender more than the premade one

Bossgigidy

Quote from: fileup on October 18, 2017, 08:02:58 AM
The other thing is that at €90 for the cooler 20for the false bottom and 20for the spigot you have the option of upping to 10gall batches easier for only a tender more than the premade one

True! I won't be buying a mash tun for at least 2 weeks. If we got the numbers, I'd be in. Thanks

acaoshes

I'd be interested in this.  Looks like there is 2 now.

Sent from my Vodafone Smart ultra 6 using Tapatalk

Phil.cork

Quote from: acaoshes on October 21, 2017, 02:19:04 PM
I'd be interested in this.  Looks like there is 2 now.

If we can get 2more I might jump back in. Whereabout in the country are you fine folk from?

Bossgigidy

Quote from: acaoshes on October 21, 2017, 02:21:45 PM
From the wee county (Ardee in Louth).

Galway

Phil.cork

Doesn't look like we're getting much traction with this.

acaoshes

Quote from: fileup on October 25, 2017, 09:50:10 AM
Doesn't look like we're getting much traction with this.

No harm in sitting tight for a while and semi regular refreshing of the thread might catch someone else's eye.