• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
May 20, 2024, 10:09:39 PM

News:

Want to Join up ? Simply follow the instructions here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

O Haras cancelled. What about a saturday overnite Dungarvan?

Started by brenmurph, November 21, 2012, 05:16:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brenmurph

O haras abandoned through no fault of mine see the reasons here http://www.nationalhomebrewclub.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1350486061

NEW IDEA TO CONSIDER.............
Throwing out another brewery tour idea to test the waters. Bit far from Dublin for a day trip, however:

Tom Dalton is very open and Flexible with a brewery tour and a few pints. Keeping in Mind that I dont think hes interested in charging a fee for the tour this tenner cud go toward room for the nite.
The lads from cork and waterford may like to hook up, what a homebrew fest that could be!
Dungarvan hotel triple room b&b basis 114 euros ( between 3 lads if ye wanna share rooms. Thats good value.

Tom will spend time touring the brewery and Merries is a fab pub on the harbour selling all sorts of great beers including Dungarvans on cask. Sharing cars trip would cost 50 euros plus beer money and maybe some food in Merrries or the pizza shop

irish_goat

brenmurph

it will be 2nd or third weekend JAN> They are too busy with christmas brewing at present!! Will see the interest then get commitment if its going to happen. The more the better we get/ haggle a group deal with hotel.

BTW Dungarvan is is a lovely small town on the bay with a great brewery and real local stuff coming from beer engines! A rare sight in an Irish pub!

Spud395

Non modo......sed etiam

brenmurph

sure spud,  wudnt u buy a few pints of his black stuff on cask in merries later on? hed be delighted!

brenmurph

cool Tube. could work out. Im a big fan of Dungarvan long before The brewery!
Lovely town to spend the night. Ill be going anyway so we see can a nice group gather and have a good trip at low cost to help suit those on a budget. Theres a good chance I will be able to take up to 12 in my bus so we can get there for minimal cost as well.
see how it pans out and we can make a call before christmas.

Spud395

QuoteI'd actually suggest Brendan, and maybe the SE lads would confirm this, that an early start would suit them better. That way they can get public transport home. The Bus Eireann number 40 goes from Dungarvan to Wexford town with a 45 minute break in Waterford city, but the last one is at 6pm.
Been on that one a few times all right, thanks be to jasus for the stop in Waterford (internal fluid level would be reaching critical by then  ;))

To be honest I doubt I'll join this tour, I've been a few times and I'll save up my days out
Non modo......sed etiam

MAF

Reckon if I turned up at the brewery again I'd be asked to GIVE the tour  :) I'll meet up with whoever's around all the same though.
Merrys have two cask engines: Black Rock and Comeragh Challenger last time I was in (just over a week ago). The Comeragh Challenger was meant to be a seasonal, and production stopped at the end of the summer. The regulars weren't happy, got a petition going, and now it's back on cask!
They're also getting Metalman in Merrys soon too.

brenmurph

Hi lads, the tour is only intended for those who havnt been and would find it interesting. The other aim was to have a meet up and have north, south kildare, wexford waterford and cork a chance for a big meet, there cud be some gud craic in merries and beyond. The tour and tasters in te brewery is part of the package. If some of us stayin in the hotel I'm pretty sure theyd let us have a corner somewhere to swap tasters with each other. Keep the feedback coming!
regards Bren

newToBrew

I'd be a definite  maybe !!!
not sure If I'd stay overnight though, Been looking at the Buses & there are hourly buses back to Waterford City up to @ 10 pm - the wexford Leg of that ends at 6 pm though 
..never been to the Dungarvan Brewery so that'd be fun & as you said - would be good to meet up with some people too
coz theres always something new to do

Lugh

I have been a few times too but I reckon theres always another question to ask. I would certainly meet up for a few cask ales afterwards anyway

Kieran the Human

Give a man a beer, waste an hour. Teach a man to brew, and waste a lifetime!

irish_goat

QuoteBit of both.

I believe there will be an O'Hara's tour coming up before the summer.

The summer is ages away.  :P

IsMise

I havent been to dungarvin yet, would be a definite maybe also, depending on days,dates, etc,,,,, need to clock up a few brewery tours for my cv anyhoo... I'll be watching this space  :o

Weiss

QuoteBit of both.

I believe there will be an O'Hara's tour coming up before the summer.

Interested.  :)
"The world is my lobster"-Keith O'Neill.