• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
March 28, 2024, 12:02:45 PM

News:

Want to Join up ? Simply follow the instructions here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

Grainfather users

Started by gerkiely, September 17, 2019, 10:40:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gerkiely

Any Grainfather users in Limerick? I've been using one for around a year now but would like to get others experiences & maybe a collab brew to see if I'm missing anything.

Keg

Hi Ger

I'm using a Grainfather also, there are a few brewers locally using similar systems also (bulldog etc).  How are you getting on with the gf?  I've been using a Grainfather for about 18 months or so and find it a great machine, although there are a few issues.
Keith

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

Donkeybike

Hoping to get experience of the GrainFather soon...
The difference between an ordeal and an adventure is Attitude ! ¯\_(¿)_/¯

gerkiely

Quote from: Donkeybike on September 18, 2019, 12:09:05 AM
Hoping to get experience of the GrainFather soon...

Yeah, pretty mush the same as yourself, it is a great bit of kit with a few niggles. What do you use for fermentation? Have you gone down the conical route?

Keg

I haven't looked into a conical.  I've kegged exclusively for the past year or so,  and I've actually been fermenting in cornys, then transferred to another corny under pressure through a 1 micron filter.

That's partly out of laziness in terms of the bottling process, it works well but it's obviously makes it difficult to swap brews without a beer gun etc.

I think most of the local lads are doing a mixture of bottling and kegging, with one guy also doing casks.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk