• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
March 29, 2024, 03:06:53 PM

News:

Want to Join up ? Simply follow the instructions here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

Virtual Beer School, starting September 1 + 5

Started by SlugTrap, August 21, 2022, 12:32:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SlugTrap

For any interested in further beer education, I can personally recommend Virtual Beer School, an online live weekly course centered around the Cicerone qualification.

• Level 1 is focused more on styles + flavour and would be good for anyone newer to beer or not so familiar with the BJCP.
  • Level 2 (which I took earlier this year) is far more in depth, and covers areas like food pairing and keeping + serving, which the homebrewer might not otherwise encounter.

Natalya Watson, the instructor, is warm and easy-going and knows her stuff. Because Cicerone is a recognized industry qualification, most of the other people on the course are brewers + beer workers, so they're interesting people to know. And it's great value for money.

Level 1 starts September 1, Level 2 starts September 5.

Let me know if you have any questions, I'm happy to share my experience.

Cheers,
- Rich
NHC President

craftyfecker

Oh wow, this sounds damn interesting.... If I didn't start another academic course this year in my spare time I would be all over it. Does this run every year @Slugtrap?

SlugTrap

Nat runs it a couple of times a year, based on demand. But it's been popular so I believe she's also planning to scale up. I'll post more as I find out.