• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
April 27, 2024, 06:41:42 AM

News:

Want to Join up ? Simply follow the instructions here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

New to Dublin

Started by Cory, July 24, 2013, 03:15:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cory

South Dublin Brewers-

I just moved to Ireland two weeks ago.  Just joined these forums an hour ago.  Originally from Iowa, USA and looking to get some things fermenting.  I made partial extract beers and lots of hillbilly wines and ciders back home.  I can't make it to the meetup tonight, but I'll be watching for when the next meetup gets scheduled so I can introduce myself.

In the meantime-  I've got some cheap Tesco apple juice and a 5L plastic bottle ready and I'm dying to get started!  Anybody in the UCD/Donnybrook/Stillorgan area kegging or bottling soon?  If so, I'd love to pop in and buy a scoop of yeast shlub or two to get me going.  Ale or wine preferred, but I'll take anything ya got!

Looking forward to being part of the community!
Daily blog about life (and brewing!) in Ireland:
iowa2ireland.blogspot.com

Bubbles

Hi Cory, welcome to the forum and indeed, welcome to Ireland.

Unfortunately, with all this balmy weather - I haven't been fermenting anything. So I've no yeast slurry to give you.

Check out The Homebrew Company and Homebrewwest for supplies. Both shops offer generous discounts to NHC members so it's worth signing up for.

Best of luck with your forthcoming brews and we'll see you at next month's meet hopefully. Keep an eye on the South Dublin forum for details.

cheers.

Shanna

Hi Cory

Welcome to Ireland and South County Dublin. Is there any particular yeast type your looking for?  I plan to bottle a belgian kit I did tonight but this might be too soon for you.  I am living in Blackrock so will bump into you at South Dublin meet at some point in the future.

Shanna

Quote from: Cory on July 24, 2013, 03:15:57 PM
South Dublin Brewers-

I just moved to Ireland two weeks ago.  Just joined these forums an hour ago.  Originally from Iowa, USA and looking to get some things fermenting.  I made partial extract beers and lots of hillbilly wines and ciders back home.  I can't make it to the meetup tonight, but I'll be watching for when the next meetup gets scheduled so I can introduce myself.

In the meantime-  I've got some cheap Tesco apple juice and a 5L plastic bottle ready and I'm dying to get started!  Anybody in the UCD/Donnybrook/Stillorgan area kegging or bottling soon?  If so, I'd love to pop in and buy a scoop of yeast shlub or two to get me going.  Ale or wine preferred, but I'll take anything ya got!

Looking forward to being part of the community!
Cornie keg group buy organiser, storeman & distribution point
Hops Group buy packer
Regulator & Taps distribution point
Stainless Steel Fermenter Group Buy Organiser
South Dublin Brewers member