• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
April 27, 2024, 09:49:45 AM

News:

Renewing ? Its fast and easy - just pay here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

South Dublin Brewers - September Meet - Thursday 26th September

Started by Bubbles, September 09, 2013, 08:08:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bubbles

The "South Dublin Brewers" will be conducting their September tasting on Thursday 26th in the Dark Horse, Blackrock. Details below...

Date
Thursday 26th September

Time
8pm

Protocol

• You don't have any beer to bring in order to participate! Inexperienced brewers are more than welcome. Even if you're only thinking about brewing your own, come along  - our friendly crowd will answer any questions you might have.
  • If you have some brews for tasting, please bring along 500ml - 1l of each.
  • To show some thanks to our hosts for allowing us to drink homebrewed beers in their pub, it is customary to buy some drinks from the house. The Dark Horse boasts an extensive range of craft beers and also has an excellent off-license.
  • Please sign-up below if you'd like to attend - that way you will be notified of any cancellations or other changes.

Cost
Free

Organiser/Contact
Bubbles
Shanna

Bubbles

01. Bubbles - American Brown porter (and possibly a "dessert" stout)

Shanna

Hi there

Two beers for next month.  Hope to have tasted them both before the next night comes around.
Quote from: Bubbles on September 09, 2013, 08:10:34 PM
02. Shanna - "Sasanach" IPA and Brewferm Diabolo golden Belgian ale kit beer,
Cornie keg group buy organiser, storeman & distribution point
Hops Group buy packer
Regulator & Taps distribution point
Stainless Steel Fermenter Group Buy Organiser
South Dublin Brewers member

Bubbles

Good stuff. I've not tasted any of those Brewferm kits - they're supposed to be very good.

By the way, I've a load of Cascade here if you feel like dry-hopping that IPA of yours... with some proper hops.......  ;) ;) :P :P :P ;D

Shanna

Guess your Gaeilge is not so good ;-) my IPA was made with Fuggles. Have done several of these Brewferm kits and they have all been very good so will be hoping this one turns out well.  As for the cascade might save that for a false American Pale Ale.

Just in passing there is a small amount of seepage from the barrel nothing to worry about but I will keep an eye on it.

Shanna

Quote from: Bubbles on September 09, 2013, 09:16:15 PM
Good stuff. I've not tasted any of those Brewferm kits - they're supposed to be very good.

By the way, I've a load of Cascade here if you feel like dry-hopping that IPA of yours... with some proper hops.......  ;) ;) :P :P :P ;D
Hops Group buy packer

Bubbles

Fuggles?? Exactly.. get some proper American hops in there.. (ducks..)

Btw, my Gaeilge is probably worse than most people's... :)

Could the seepage be caused by the sudden change in temperature? Quick, start drinking lads..........

Shanna

Unless you want to start dry hopping the contents of individual bottles its not going to happen ;) Seepage could be
temperature related maybe we should invest in a massive lagging jacket?

Shanna
Quote from: Bubbles on September 09, 2013, 10:50:45 PM
Fuggles?? Exactly.. get some proper American hops in there.. (ducks..)

Btw, my Gaeilge is probably worse than most people's... :)

Could the seepage be caused by the sudden change in temperature? Quick, start drinking lads..........
Hops Group buy packer

Bubbles

Quote from: Shanna on September 09, 2013, 11:50:12 PM
Unless you want to start dry hopping the contents of individual bottles its not going to happen ;)

You jest, but I've heard of people doing exactly that!

BrianG

Myself and a friend have our first kit beer (Coopers IPA) in the FV right now, almost ready for bottling.

Plan on coming along to the next meet up - doubt our brew would be fit to bring at that stage, but we'll bring along a bottle or two.

Shanna

Feel free to add yourself to the list assuming you can find it in between all of the bolloxs talk about hops etc from Bubbles & I.

Shanna
Quote from: BrianG on September 15, 2013, 06:29:36 PM
Myself and a friend have our first kit beer (Coopers IPA) in the FV right now, almost ready for bottling.

Plan on coming along to the next meet up - doubt our brew would be fit to bring at that stage, but we'll bring along a bottle or two.
Hops Group buy packer

baphomite51

might pop in and have a look iv got nothing this month but hopefully next month ill have a nice milk stout

vonHolt

Hi,

I'll drop in, I've the results of an extract kit - not the best to be honest.

Cheers

02. Shanna - "Sasanach" IPA and Brewferm Diabolo golden Belgian ale kit beer
03. vonHolt - Extract kit - Hacked Muntons Premium Lager kit with Saaz Hops
Fermenting: nada
Conditioning: zip
Drinking: Hacked Muntons Premium Lager kit with Saaz Hops, Chocolate Maple Porter
To Brew: Bruxelles Blonde, Summer Wheat, Jalapeno Saison, Mouten Kop, Bavarienfest

Shanna

Quote from: irishrover32 on September 16, 2013, 11:01:28 PM
might pop in and have a look iv got nothing this month but hopefully next month ill have a nice milk stout

Its traditional to still add yourself to the list with the expression "mooching" next to your name to signify you won't have anything.

Shanna
Hops Group buy packer

Bubbles

Quote from: BrianG on September 15, 2013, 06:29:36 PM

Please come along Brian, you'll be very welcome.

The kit brews do tend to benefit from some extended aging alright, but bring it along anwyay, even if you think it tastes a little green.

David

Ill have my elderflower ale for the summer session comp

02. Shanna - "Sasanach" IPA and Brewferm Diabolo golden Belgian ale kit beer
03. vonHolt - Extract kit - Hacked Muntons Premium Lager kit with Saaz Hops
04. Elderflower Ale - low alcohol hope  fully pleasant ale ( may bring the straight (base beer), lemon dry hopped and extra elderflower dry hoped if I cant decide which is best)