• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
April 27, 2024, 06:34:05 AM

News:

Want to Join up ? Simply follow the instructions here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

South Dublin Brewers - September Meet - Thursday 26th September

Started by Bubbles, September 09, 2013, 08:08:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bubbles

Shanna

Just throwing this out there. Last Saturday night I cracked open a five litre keg of a sierra nevada ale clone I did back in March. It is dispensed via a king keg beer dispenser that has a small Co2 cannister.  The beer is very foamy when dispensed so I don't think putting it in a bottle would be practical. Would it be cheeky to bring the 5 litre keg down? Just to clear not intending to stay dispensing pints from it.

Think I know what the answer is but would be interested to hear others take on this.

Shanna
Cornie keg group buy organiser, storeman & distribution point
Hops Group buy packer
Regulator & Taps distribution point
Stainless Steel Fermenter Group Buy Organiser
South Dublin Brewers member

JimmyM

Is it a minikeg thats already opened?
Think it might have started to turn by then arent ya supposed to drink them within a week or so?

Bes thing you can do is bang that in the coldest place you can find (to keep the foam to a minimum) and shhhlurp on it til its gone.
Formerly JamesM.

Bubbles

Quote from: Shanna on September 18, 2013, 08:53:31 PMWould it be cheeky to bring the 5 litre keg down? Just to clear not intending to stay dispensing pints from it.

This is just my opinion dude, but yeah, I think it might give the wrong impression to the guys in the DH, even if we're not planning to drink out of it.

If the barman says to this boss the next morning "the lads have started bringing their own kegs to the meets", it might not look well and damage our standing with the DH. Just my 2c.

Shanna

Like I said I knew the answer but needed someone else to say it. Might try bottle some and bring it along anyway.

Shanna
Hops Group buy packer

John_C

01. Bubbles - American Brown porter (and possibly a "dessert" stout)
02. Shanna - "Sasanach" IPA and Brewferm Diabolo golden Belgian ale kit beer
03. vonHolt - Extract kit - Hacked Muntons Premium Lager kit with Saaz Hops
04. Elderflower Ale - low alcohol hope  fully pleasant ale ( may bring the straight (base beer), lemon dry hopped and extra elderflower dry hoped if I cant decide which is best)
05. JohnC - Robust Porter

What's the plan with the summer beer competition? Should I bring my entry along tomorrow?

Bubbles

All set for tonight, lads?

In addition to the competition entries and the regular homebrew samples this evening, I'm planning on toasting Arthur with a nice pint of Stormy Port. Cheers!

David

Running a bit late at work should be there before 9

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

sittingbull

Hi lads

Thanks for a great night a bit nervee at the start meeting yous but you guys were so nice and very helpful.myself and Ciaran cant wait till your next tastings we just felt so relaxed

Regards
John + Ciaran

Bubbles

Great to meet ye lads, always nice to see a couple of fresh faces. Get that second brew on!

If you need any advice on picking your next brew, take a spin over to the Kit brewing section - plenty of helpful folks over there. I'd recommend the Coopers Australian Pale Ale, it's comes with a yeast which gives a nice crisp beer. Especially good for converting lager drinkers I found. You could try adding a "hop tea" to it, or maybe some dry hops.

See you both next month hopefully.

Conor.

Bubbles

Announcing the winner of the South Dublin Brewers "Summer Session" competition: John_c!

Congratulations, John. A tasty wheat beer for sure and an extraordinary amount of body in a 2.5% beer.

Well done to VonHolt and David for their taste entries also.

I'm not going to get a chance to do a proper write-up on this. Anyone volunteers?? :)

vonHolt

Hi all,

Cheers for a great night - It was nice to meet some more new people (John_C, John, Ciaran)
and congrats to John on that wheat beer, it was very nice.

Cheers.
Fermenting: nada
Conditioning: zip
Drinking: Hacked Muntons Premium Lager kit with Saaz Hops, Chocolate Maple Porter
To Brew: Bruxelles Blonde, Summer Wheat, Jalapeno Saison, Mouten Kop, Bavarienfest

Bubbles

We had no less than 3 Johns last night. It certainly simplified things. Especially when that 10% Hoptimum started kicking in.

Shanna & David, I'm also going to call both of you "John" from now on, to keep things simple.  8)

David

Thanks everyone for a great night again.
John's wheat beer was the deserved winner of the summer session.
Are we being renamed John's Brewers

Cheers to all the Johns

Shanna

Apologies in advance but I have to say it. Will that be "a case of St John's Wort!!!!" O0

Shanna

Quote from: David on September 28, 2013, 08:32:21 AM
Thanks everyone for a great night again.
John's wheat beer was the deserved winner of the summer session.
Are we being renamed John's Brewers

Cheers to all the Johns

Hops Group buy packer