• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
April 29, 2024, 04:08:33 PM

News:

Renewing ? Its fast and easy - just pay here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

Pumps for brewing: market research

Started by brenmurph, April 23, 2014, 07:02:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hop Bomb

I bought the hop blocker in HBW but brought it back. I had the tap already fitted on my kettle & retro fitting this would have been very difficult. Grand on the blichmann pots Id say as the have that swish screw off dip tube. In the end I got a stainless hop spider.

On tap: Flanders, Gose,
Fermenting: Oatmeal Brown, 200ish Fathoms,
Ageing: bretted 1890 export stout.
To brew:  2015 RIS, Kellerbier, Altbier.

Beerbuddha

I think spider is the way to go but easy to make one if these. I'm guess for someone with no access to stainless it could be made by drilling holes in plastic pipe. Small ones at bottom and bigger on top. Then cut same size pipe down the side and slip it over drilled piece to cover small holes then pull it up allowing small holes to do the work. Nice little diy project for someone
IBD Member

Will_D

If you really want to throttle down the flow from a pump you use a diverter valve.

Full open: All liquid goes to where you want it

Fully closed the liquid is recirculated to where it came from.

In between: Whatever ratio you want

This is the priciple used in High Pressure Hydraulic pumping circuits and the like.

It can just be as simple as a pressure relief valve that "blows off" to the source reservoir
Remember: The Nationals are just round the corner - time to get brewing

DEMPSEY

Can a speed control valve be fitted like a dimmer switch.
Dei miscendarum discipulus
Forgive us our Hangovers as we forgive those who hangover against us

Garry

Saw this on JBK. I think it's what Will is describing?

brenmurph

Quote from: Will_D on April 24, 2014, 07:40:43 PM
If you really want to throttle down the flow from a pump you use a diverter valve.

Full open: All liquid goes to where you want it

Fully closed the liquid is recirculated to where it came from.

In between: Whatever ratio you want

This is the priciple used in High Pressure Hydraulic pumping circuits and the like.

It can just be as simple as a pressure relief valve that "blows off" to the source reservoir

agree will, a simple 10 euro 20 litre a minute washing machine pump has this built in as has my salamander WHP pump
However if people arnt aware then fried pump is possible through overheating, we cant just restrict the flow, thats like driving ur car with the brakes on