• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
April 28, 2024, 03:06:08 PM

News:

Renewing ? Its fast and easy - just pay here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

#BrewsWePlate with Brown Paper Bag Project - Pop-up restaurant + beer pairing.

Started by #BrewsWePlate, April 24, 2014, 01:51:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

#BrewsWePlate

#BrewsWePlate returns with another Epic Food and Beer Experience

Brown Paper Bag Project teams up with Ireland's most dynamic 'beer chef'

The most exciting food and beer matching experience bar none

On Saturday 3rd May, the #BrewsWePlate team will pair up with craft brewer Brown Paper Bag Project to present five courses of stunning, original dishes matched to five beers chosen by BPBP's Colin Hession (one of the owners of L Mulligan Grocer).

Classically trained chef Eric Heilig and partner Floriane Loup created #BrewsWePlate to celebrate the excitement and uniqueness of craft beer through equally exciting food. The pair are taking the craze for food and beer matching to new heights, with innovative dishes such as: Poached hen's egg, fondant Jerusalem artichoke, pear, brioche & chicken heart w/ a toasted granola and treacle bread crumb (to match White Gypsy's Belgian Brown Ale, at their inaugural pop-up at Cassidy's). 

On Saturday 3rd May #BrewsWePlate will stage their next pop-up in the stunning setting of Powerscourt Townhouse Centre, with commentary on each beer and matching course from Colin Hession.

Tickets are available through Eventbrite.ie
https://www.eventbrite.ie/e/brewsweplate-with-brown-paper-bag-project-tickets-11399573431

For more information contact the #BrewsWePlate team on 0877746317

Find them on Facebook and follow @eric_heilig on Twitter

NOTES
#BrewsWePlate

After several years of experience in fine dining restaurants all over Europe, our mission is to promote Irish and international craft beers by combining them with well-executed fine dining dishes specifically designed to enhance the outstanding flavours of each brew.

The white table clothes and silver service are things of the past. We cut it down to the very essential. Great Irish produce, amazing craft beer and an unforgettable night that just asks for more.

brenmurph

forgive me if Im asking a stupid question but is this a sit in the audience and look at a presenter on stage or interactive with food and drink included in the 65 euro fee?

Eoin

Quote from: brenmurph on April 24, 2014, 01:57:52 PM
forgive me if Im asking a stupid question but is this a sit in the audience and look at a presenter on stage or interactive with food and drink included in the 65 euro fee?

Hi Bren, it's essentially a pop-up restaurant.

brenmurph

thanks eoin, question is what is included in 65 euros fee, they are very shy on details

Eoin

Quote from: brenmurph on April 24, 2014, 02:30:58 PM
thanks eoin, question is what is included in 65 euros fee, they are very shy on details

5 courses of a meal with matched beers for each course.

It's actually a friend of someone here at work and I directed them here because funny enough the first person I thought of who would be interested was yourself...true story :)
But apart from yourself and Kelly I thought others would have an interest too.

Are you looking for a detailed menu?

brenmurph

i wouldnt be queryin if I wasnt interested :)

wud ya say u get value for 65 euros? We dont have a bottemless budget but we like to get around the scene. We do like germany where we can enjoy food and drink for 7 hrs for 40 euros ( thats 20 each) We go to dublin its 2 r 3 times that :)

Eoin

Quote from: brenmurph on April 24, 2014, 02:38:08 PM
i wouldnt be queryin if I wasnt interested :)

wud ya say u get value for 65 euros? We dont have a bottemless budget but we like to get around the scene. We do like germany where we can enjoy food and drink for 7 hrs for 40 euros ( thats 20 each) We go to dublin its 2 r 3 times that :)

Well I believe from my colleague here that it was stunning and also super value. She's a German lady who I would tend to trust on that front.
I have requested a detailed menu from the lady behind the post if she can provide it.

Eoin

I just got a reply that she'll post a menu later today as details are still being ironed out.

Eoin

If they're good they could be used for the Xmas dinner by some of the regional clubs....

CARA

I had the pleasure of attending the first event and introduced/talked about White Gypsys beers and their reason for matching. I can honestly say I was blown away by the quality of the food and the inventive nature in which Eric both matched and contrasted the beers to each dish as well as his use of both beer and beers components in his dishes. Raging I can't make the next one but I'll at the Mikeller beer festival :p
Eric and Flo are also just plain damn nice people!!!!
Upa Sesh

LordEoin

Eoin

I got a copy of the menu from Floriane.

There are details still missing but they are part of the surprise on the night, according to her :)

Eoin