• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
April 27, 2024, 03:46:20 PM

News:

Want to Join up ? Simply follow the instructions here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

mash Tun for Sale

Started by Aidanmac, March 25, 2013, 09:05:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aidanmac

I built myself a 60lt Mash Tun with the intention of taking up all grain brewing but now have no time for same.

The Tun has a 3/4inch copper manifold and a lever operated ball-valve tap. Excellent temp maintenance and only used a few times so it's in original pristine condition.

All reasonable & sensible offers considered.

Aidan

Jacob

delzep

I am looking to step up from partial mash to all grain so this would be ideal for me. Roughly how much are you looking for it and where are you based?

Thanks

JimmyM

Interested too...
I'll give you 40 for it.
Formerly JamesM.

Greg2013

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet."  Gen. James 'Mad Dog' Mattis USMC(Ret.)

Ciderhead

March 26, 2013, 02:15:05 PM #5 Last Edit: March 26, 2013, 02:18:53 PM by Ciderhead
Aidan I see you are looking for €100 on another forum, irrespective of the commercial value of them, I think you are gonna struggle with that as members here are reporting they are building brand new 37-45L ones for 70-80 :(   

Greg2013

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet."  Gen. James 'Mad Dog' Mattis USMC(Ret.)

JimmyM

My offer of 40 still stands, I gather you're in wexford.
I can collect onsaturday or sunday - but after that i wont be down that way for a while - so ill withdraw at that point.
Formerly JamesM.

M3talDave

Aidanmac

Quotehttp://www.homebrewwest.ie/insulated-mash-tun-fully-kitted-out-35-litres-1998-p.asp

Aiden m8 thats a 35 litre one for 100 euro brand new from homebrewwest.ie.

I get you but that one is only 35lt while mine in 60lt and the homebrewwest one only has a 12" bazoka filter while mine has a full copper manifold and s
tap.

I looked around the web for similar and the only one I found in Ire was this http://www.thehomebrewcompany.ie/insulated-mash-tun-new-design-66litre-capacity-p-1098.html which is €200 hence my €100 tag but I will welcome a good offer I couldn't take €40 - sorry JimmyM.

I'll try post a pic today

Aidanmac  8-)

JimmyM

Formerly JamesM.

Aidanmac

Can anyone show me how to insert a few pics to a post - I'm a bit thick today and can't figure it out ::)

Will_D

QuoteCan anyone show me how to insert a few pics to a post - I'm a bit thick today and can't figure it out ::)

Simplest way is just to look down below the window where you type and find the Attachment area:

Browse your PC for a jpeg and attach it. Simples!
Remember: The Nationals are just round the corner - time to get brewing

Aidanmac

I tried that...clicked on "Browse" and a window opened showing my HD. I clicked on the relevant folder then the pic I wanter and the name etc appeared in the little window for the first "Attachment 1" but when I clicked on "Post Message" I got a red "Note" in the attachments area saying "If you had an Attachment in your post, you will need to reselect the Attachment again in the Browser Box for security reasons."

Did that but nothing happened and gave up after twenty attempts  ::)

Note to admin, please consider using postimage.org to make it simples for nuts like me :-/

Aidanmac

Garry

Aidan, I think the image has to be smaller than 400kb. Also, I think that the "If you had an Attachment in your post, you will need to reselect the Attachment again in the Browser Box for security reasons." message only comes up after you click preview? Then you have to select the image again before posting.

I agree that attaching images is a bit fiddly! I think most people here upload them to another site first and then post a link to the image.