• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
April 28, 2024, 06:11:23 PM

News:

Renewing ? Its fast and easy - just pay here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

mash Tun for Sale

Started by Aidanmac, March 25, 2013, 09:05:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DEMPSEY

April 02, 2013, 10:28:48 AM #15 Last Edit: April 02, 2013, 10:31:36 AM by DEMPSEY
Not a bit techie myself so I know where you are coming from. I download the image on to me pc and it is too big so I resize it in, "Paint", your free software. Resize it from 100% to 25%,if it does not fit,works a treat. This picture came from a google page,called beer. Saved image to my pc and then clicked choose file and then posted message. 
Dei miscendarum discipulus
Forgive us our Hangovers as we forgive those who hangover against us

Aidanmac

April 02, 2013, 06:23:56 PM #16 Last Edit: April 02, 2013, 06:25:52 PM by Aidanmac
Another try...

...how's it looking now?

rukkus

Looks like the same cooler I have. Homestoreandmore job?

Ciderhead

April 02, 2013, 07:05:13 PM #18 Last Edit: April 03, 2013, 01:35:26 AM by Ciderhead
Ooh "the homestore and more" slur is it any good Rukkus?
We are really not helping you here Aidanmac, but you have to be realistic with your price expectations as absolutely you have a target audience here but we also know the value of HB hardware, sharpen your pencil and see what happens.

rukkus

Its HUGE which is handy. Seems to do the job. I havent used it alot yet. I picked it up for about 30 quid on sale at the end of last summer.

I think if its not full it drops temp a bit but i didnt pre heat it when testing so i wouldnt be 100% yet.

Thinking of using mine for parti gyle as it will hold alot of grain. Waiting on the weather to heat up a bit and hope to get loads of use out of it this summer.

Greg2013

+1 on what Ciderhead said aidenmac.
"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet."  Gen. James 'Mad Dog' Mattis USMC(Ret.)

Aidanmac

Points taken.  ;)

However, I wasn't fortunate enough to get the cooler as cheaply as Rukkus said and paid €45 for mine.  ::)

All those nice shiny copper fittings, pipe, tank connector and lever valve didn't come with it and cost €27. Total parts cost €72 plus all the time and labour I put into it  ::)

Then I looked around to see what a shop-bought mash tun of the same size costs and only found one HBS in Ireland selling one that size at €200.  :o

I've seen that particular model, I occasionally visit that HBS, and the quality is not as good as mine and it's only fitted with a 12" bazooka for a filter.

That's why the €100 ask but that was never cast in stone I'm looking to recover material costs to put the money to something else I need and I was prepared for reasonable offers...I did say reasonable didn't I ;)

At the end of the day, if it's not worth the cost of the parts to someone else then it's just not.  :P

In that case I'll just recycle to copper fittings to other projects and keep the cooler in the hope that we might get BBQ weather this year and use it for a portable beer/wine fridge ::)

Aidanmac

Hop Bomb

I payed 80e for my 48qt coleman cooler. Big volume coolers are not cheap & its unfair to compare them in price to a 35 litre one from amazon.
On tap: Flanders, Gose,
Fermenting: Oatmeal Brown, 200ish Fathoms,
Ageing: bretted 1890 export stout.
To brew:  2015 RIS, Kellerbier, Altbier.