• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
April 28, 2024, 08:06:11 AM

News:

Want to Join up ? Simply follow the instructions here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

Storing and Conditioning

Started by RobShamrock, March 19, 2015, 03:02:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RobShamrock

Hey All, well I'm hooked, ive two brews done and bottled, first one the Coopers IPA which I'm beginning to sample and a Bulldog Red Cat, which I bottled up last night, so the coopers is 3 weeks done now, kept it for the first two in same room I've been brewing fairly steady temp in there  18/20c, then moved to the attic for past weeek or so, Bulldog have taken its place in brew room.

But with the weather improving now I'm guessing the attic is going to start getting warm during the day and super cool at night, wheres the best place to start storing all these cases and bottles, the shed is going to be similar probably ok for a couple more weeks but with warmer daytime temps I'm guessing a hot / cold cycle is not going to help homebrew too much, any advice ye could offer

Damien M

As you say it is the cycles that you want  to avoid! Suggested locations: Under the Stairs, Back of the wardrobe, on a low shelf in the Utility, In an unused bedroom.  The shed outside will work but insulate the box they are in to keep the heat out.

RobShamrock

I'll be killed with all these bottles everywhere, must clean out some more space in the back spare room, i'm sure I'll fit two cases in there  ;)

Damien M

Oh! another place is the North or east side of your house, less impact of the sun, I  this country!!!!!  :D I know.... . :-[

LordEoin

Keep excess beer in your belly