• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
April 16, 2024, 04:37:07 PM

News:

Want to Join up ? Simply follow the instructions here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

Hello from Newry

Started by Paddyh, October 29, 2020, 02:38:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paddyh

Hi all, I'm paddy from Newry, would be interested to know if anyone else brews from the area, iv been homebrewing for 2-3 years now, I'm a Chef and have good passion for learning, iv just been learning how to brew by googling and you tube videos, would like to be part of a club and possibly go to events and maybe enter a competition or two, being a chef thou I can imagine that work would lapse with such things but I'd like to get involved in something perhaps when current restrictions ease up, I started on kits then moved to all grain, been using biab method, seems to suit work and family life better, starting kegging about a year maybe, built my own keezer, fermentation fridges etc. I'm really getting into it and think that after 2-3 years my brews are starting to get to a good level although I know I can improve them further as I'm constantly picking up tips from fb pages, starting to favour sour brews, I mostly brew IPAs although now coming into winter I'll be brewing stouts, dunkels etc to keep in season. Hoping to learn a thing or two from you guys on here and to hear about any events etc if any ones close by would like to hear from you maybe do a few bottle swaps or things like that, thanks for adding to the group!
🍻

johnrm

Welcome Paddy,
There's a few lads up your way, hopefully they'll jump in and let you know the local craic.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

johnrm

I just spotted on another thread you have found a new partner in crime, congrats!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Paddyh

Yea got talking to a few of the lads from wee County Brewers, not too far from where I am, looking forward to a few bottle swaps etc
🍻