• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
May 15, 2024, 06:02:17 PM

News:

Renewing ? Its fast and easy - just pay here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

brewday report april

Started by brenmurph, April 23, 2014, 01:52:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brenmurph

recent brewday report on beers

Just updating our cask ale is rolling on nicely after a lovely ferment, lively, smelling great and took off like a rocket as usual.
Couple  pics. This will be transferred to secondary where it is will be finished cool as it should be ( scottish shilling) and perfected for may 12th when it will hit the cask to be perfect for the brew cask weekend here in kildare may 17th.

The last pic is for those interested in our 3rd pilsner (Bohemian) these beers have really impressed myself and kellie and clearly the judges at the nationals where we made gold and also best 6 we believe.

We decided to continue and make bohemian pilsner our house special and keep perfecting it. this beer has stole the hearts of everyone who tasted it and clearly is a tasty session beer.

After saturdays brewday with Blueshed, dunkle and Grahme R we are delighted to continue the tradition of having great brewdays where we share all our brewing methods and Blueshed has now joined the hall of all-grain fame and Grahme R is on the way. Dunkel is happy with his extracts but some day.... :)

pic 1 & 2 sats cask ale just finished primary
pic 3 is yesterdays Mk3 pilsner 15 hours in to fermentation...on target, if our beer is not hopping the next day we would be worried, but always a great start...

Dr Jacoby

I miss being able to see fermentations progress (I don't use glass carboys anymore except for sour beers). That bo pils looks quite dark at that stage doesn't it. It's always surprising to me how much lagers clear up with aging.
Every little helps

brenmurph

its got an awfull lot of green saaz in there, it will be a deep gold in the finish just like the pic which Ive just poured! :)

10 mins later...bottom pic :) ;) 8)

Dr Jacoby

Haha. Nice lacing. What speciality malt do you use?  Pilsner Urquell just use lager malt apparently. It's amazing how they achieve that lovely golden colour
Every little helps

irish_goat

Ah here, not fair posting pics like that while some of us are still in work.  :(

:P

brenmurph

ahhh soorry Goat.....I have a school bus and kids are off for 2 weeks :P

Ill just cut another patch of weeds in my garden with the strimmer and then wash down the dust with another one...... :) ;) :D ;D 8)

DEMPSEY

Dei miscendarum discipulus
Forgive us our Hangovers as we forgive those who hangover against us

brenmurph

@ jacoby

no secrets here

Pilsner from weyermans and 20% munich. Munich adjusts the colour to perfection to give that Urquell deeper gold..

magnum 45 min
saaz 45 min
saaz 15 min
saaz 5 min

beer recipies do not get any simpler :)  I expect the hop volume, type and addition spec adds to the amazing stand off lasting head and lacing of course with the best malts used. Heavier body (just over medium) may also lend to the head

brenmurph

I assure u dempsey it is lovely...this is version 2 of the one we won gold with...kellie (master taster) reckons it not just better but significantly better..if ur off come on down and have one......I'm on a doss day..lucky me ;D

brenmurph

told yis a million times tube... mauribrew lager yeast :)

brenmurph

:o even I wouldnt get through that...5 grams per brew!

brenmurph

:o  too good to bin.....ah go on so c u saturday...