• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
March 29, 2024, 06:04:11 AM

News:

Renewing ? Its fast and easy - just pay here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

Liffey Brewer German Beer Comp.....Judges Required

Started by lordstilton, June 25, 2015, 09:09:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

imark

lordstilton

Yep we have space.. Welcome aboard.. Thanks for volunteering

Paul B

Hi can someone confirm if this is 2008 or 2015 guidelines? I was sure I remembered reading 2015 but then the poster at http://www.nationalhomebrewclub.ie/forum/index.php/topic,10327.msg126786.html#msg126786 seems to use 2008.

Edit: Ok I see here it's 2008. No problem but any specific reason for not using the new ones?

brenmurph

Bit of a transition period Id say. my head is wrecked anyways as since i installed bjcp 2015 i have no access to the old guide ???
Im sure if theres a minor issue re style Id imagine we can clarify and refine on the day so no one is docked points if there is a misunderstanding. Eg kellerbier is on 2015 bjcp but for this comp (2008) could be entered in cat23a special beers.  this and all comps I hope are conducted in good faith and its all fun and education.

Id suggest if anyone has any concerns re style guide then bring it up and between kellie and garrett all will be well.

best of luck to everyone over the weekend with both comps happening :)

eanna

The entry form said 2008 when it was active. The bjcp themselves say they expect a transition period, and 2008 is the one we're all familiar with for now.

Eoin

Lads, sorry but last minute pull out from me, I'm not well at all this morning. My throat is burning and swollen, I'd be useless judging beers, I think hot whiskey is all I'd manage today... I was so looking forward to some good BBQ. Have a good day all.

Kellie

We are on are way, got delayed leaving! I had to hang my washing out! Too good of a day to miss! See you soon :)

pob

Quote from: Kellie on September 26, 2015, 10:11:07 AM
We are on are way, got delayed leaving! I had to hang my washing out! Too good of a day to miss! See you soon :)
You've had a good day Kellie.

A great days drying.

Oh yeah, and a winner that learnt everything worthwhile from you

Well done Bren!!

Paul B

Fantastic day guys, perfectly run and BBQ as promised! Well done all.

Kellie

God dam it! My washing was damp by de time I got home!  Lol