• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
April 27, 2024, 12:01:21 PM

News:

Want to Join up ? Simply follow the instructions here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

Homebrew Expo 2014

Started by Ger Cork, February 24, 2014, 08:06:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LordEoin

i made a peanut stout recently with roast monkey nuts from lidl.
Took ages to take the shells and skins off, then bash them fine with a rolling pin.
saw it a few years back on a different discussion on pb2

johnrm

Good event, only tasted a few beers, the pistachio and vanilla was the standout for me.
I was chatting with Shane at the HBC, he's interested in feedback on Polaris. I'm sure we'll hear all about it soon. As I understand it's a German hop to compete with high Alpha American hops.

Chris

Quote from: Chris on May 10, 2014, 10:06:13 PM
Did anyone try the Hugo Pilsner. It's brewed near me and I know the guys would be delighted with any feedback/reviews. They r just getting up and running and trying to get their beer out there.
anybody?
Primary: Back to Black Again (Michael Jackson stout)
Secondary:
Conditioning:  Breac Donn Imperial Amber Ale
Drinking: Cascade Reaction Amber Ale, Fear Gorm Irish stout, lonesome pilgrim pale ale
Planned: imperial stout, finlandia kit hack

Ger Cork

Quote from: Chris on May 10, 2014, 10:06:13 pm
Did anyone try the Hugo Pilsner. It's brewed near me and I know the guys would be delighted with any feedback/reviews. They r just getting up and running and trying to get their beer out there.
anybody?

Yes many people tried the Hugo Pilsner and it went down very well with many favourable comments.  One of the brewers of Hugo Pilsner is also a member of the Lee Valley Brewing Club so naturally we are keeping a close eye on their progress and I am sure they will do very well once they fully launch into pubs in their local area .for a start.

Thanks to all who turned up on the day.  I people enjoyed it, as Taf said good beer and interesting people not to mention great food too!!!

Komodo021

Quote from: Tube on May 10, 2014, 10:16:08 PM
Looks like something Jason Carroll would brew. His pistachio and vanilla beer at the Bernard Shaw was epic.

Most certainly was!! No extract was used in the Peanut Butter and Raspberry Milk Stout. Happy enough with the results  8)

ColmOM

Unfortunately I had very little time at it this year due to hauling gear to a gig I was playing at, but as always it was enjoyable. Some unreal loking beers, wished I could've tried them all. Had the pomegranate and mint which was lovely and the breakfast beer too - very tasty, really reminded me of strawberry roses chocolates for some reason, always a good thing!  :D