• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
April 27, 2024, 07:09:12 AM

News:

Renewing ? Its fast and easy - just pay here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

Availability of fresh crushed Malt in Galway

Started by phelixoflaherty, July 26, 2015, 08:54:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

phelixoflaherty

July 26, 2015, 08:54:13 PM Last Edit: July 27, 2015, 08:35:24 PM by phelixoflaherty
Called to HBW looking for crushed base malt  and I subsequently found out they do supply.
Mods if ye could remove this post please

TheSumOfAllBeers

Internet? Buy whole and crush it yourself?

johnrm

Buy 25kg of whole pale. Have a chat with the Galway lads. I'm sure they will mill it for you. Just mill 5kg at a time.

PCBrewer

The homebrew company do crushed grains and delivery is only something like €4.95

TheSumOfAllBeers

There are options in the uk with the malt miller and hop and grape, where you can specify whole or crushed, with any order. You will get shafted on sterling conversions though

PCBrewer

Quote from: TheSumOfAllBeers on July 27, 2015, 08:48:22 AM
There are options in the uk with the malt miller and hop and grape, where you can specify whole or crushed, with any order. You will get shafted on sterling conversions though
'Get er brewed' in the north also do crushed grain

Leann ull

Or you get in contact with your local club and they buy in bulk and share around crushed or otherwise as we do in "the Wickla co-op".

HomeBrewWest

Who told you that? PM me.

We have over 100 grains and will crush them in the shop for you.
"I am a firm believer in the people. If given the truth, they can be depended upon to meet any national crisis. The great point is to bring them the real facts, and beer." Abraham Lincoln. www.homebrewwest.ie

phelixoflaherty