• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
April 27, 2024, 05:45:23 PM

News:

Want to Join up ? Simply follow the instructions here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

SECOND BREW DAY DECEMBER 1st

Started by brenmurph, November 12, 2012, 12:18:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brenmurph

November 12, 2012, 12:18:38 PM Last Edit: November 12, 2012, 12:21:46 PM by brenmurph
 Second brew day planned, for motivation see Johns quote from last brew day below.
This event details here: http://www.meetup.com/realbeer/events/91030622/
For info about the event hosts look here www.meetup.com/realbeer  any queries or comments pass them on to me
regards bren

JOHN's feedback quote

I am that member that spent all day with Brendan.... and a great day it was too. Brendan and Kellie were superb hosts. They were welcoming and gracious and made me feel right at home. The brews that Brendan had on stock were, how can I say, only mouth watering. The selection I tasted was eye opening, but the kegged stout was my favorite and only gorgeous! As a relative newbie to home brew, only recently trying my hand at all grain, Brendan demonstrated what is possible with this hobby(obsession) of ours. Some of his modified kit brews were incredible. All this beer tasting in return for a little help with brewing the 'Christmas Cake' beer. Grin
I highly recommend anyone interested in home brew, beginners or otherwise to visit Brendan for a mash up.
And, yes, there were tears at the end....Oh, leaving that  stout behind,yum!

brenmurph

Meet went as usual, Bottling, tasting, primary- secondary transfering, and oif course mash brew. Schwartzbier with a twist! ( have to add a secret twist to most brews)

No HBC members attended unfortunatly, maybe next time we can promote it a bit more. Less experienced members would particularly benefit greatly from these meet ups.

Next one advertised to HBC is 15th Dec. I can forward you the details soon. On that occasion I'm planning a novelty beer to enter the B&C competition so would be great to knock some ideas together. The Titanic Plum Porter is one I'd like to use a s a base.

DEMPSEY

had some of that plum porter in Belfast last week,really nice and the plum did not overpower it too much. Like all these types of beers,I could not drink them as a session beer.
Dei miscendarum discipulus
Forgive us our Hangovers as we forgive those who hangover against us

brenmurph

I agree, as I said it went down very well with my late breakfast! The plum was obvious and fresh tasting while not overpowering the hops and malt. The finish I found interesting over a 10 second period..... plum-malt- bitter sweet mild hop.
Lovely!