• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
April 28, 2024, 11:13:21 PM

News:

Want to Join up ? Simply follow the instructions here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

Blichmann beer gun: cheapest place to buy?

Started by admin, October 05, 2012, 01:53:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

admin

Bottling for the beer competition and realising it a slight pain doing it straight from the tap, and then I remembered Bietrourist had a beer gun.

Anyone know if they're actually any good?

And where is the best place to buy?

And is anyone else interested in getting one? Maybe a group buy?

Jacob

andrewL46

I think the Blichmann gun is excellent, i got mine off Hop and Grape. Not cheap, but worth it if you are running off bottles often or filling a growler to bring along to a party!

Rossa

I have just been chatting on Twitter with Richie Hamilton and Taf and a few others about buying some guns would you believe. I've been looking into it so if I hear anything back from Blichmann I might organise a group buy.

Rossa

Yeah. Once I get a response I'll bang it up here.

Snuff

I got one, nearly two years ago and have used it a few times. It is fine but a PITA to get all cleaned. Not worth it for a few bottles, need to do a decent run.
Primary -
Secondary -
Kegged - Red Dragon, Red Lager, HopWarOne, ThisIsntLager
Bottled -

Padraic

Yea I've been involved in the twitter banter about the beer guns too. It will go nicely with my unused cornys and taps :) I'm up for a group buy and there are 6-7 people on twitter who seem interested! I'm not sure where the cheapest deals are to be had but the guys seem to be on top of it!

Spud395

I guess it's all those cornies to blame, but it's been on my mind as well.

In the spirit of making your own gear this might work for some, I'll give it a try for sure before lashing out real money  ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CwIbFQcHYyo
Non modo......sed etiam

Snuff

QuoteI got one, nearly two years ago and have used it a few times. It is fine but a PITA to get all cleaned. Not worth it for a few bottles, need to do a decent run.
Stewart, could I borrow your's for a week or two to see if I take to it?

I'm not 100% sure it's my bag.
No bother, I will drop it off when I get around to collecting the taps.
Primary -
Secondary -
Kegged - Red Dragon, Red Lager, HopWarOne, ThisIsntLager
Bottled -