• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
April 27, 2024, 11:46:57 PM

News:

Want to Join up ? Simply follow the instructions here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

O'Hara's/O'Shea's Brewery Aldi Beers.

Started by Greg2013, November 08, 2015, 07:26:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greg2013

Picked these up the other day in my local Aldi, €1.89/500ml. Has anyone tried these yet ? ;D
"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet."  Gen. James 'Mad Dog' Mattis USMC(Ret.)

Richie71

Not yet, but going by the reviews i've read on boards the amber one nicer.  Crack them open there and let us know what you think  ;)

Greg2013

Quote from: Richie71 on November 08, 2015, 07:44:20 PM
Not yet, but going by the reviews i've read on boards the amber one nicer.  Crack them open there and let us know what you think  ;)

I will be doing a review on them tomorrow probably Richie,too many Rye Pale Ales tonight lol. ;D
"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet."  Gen. James 'Mad Dog' Mattis USMC(Ret.)

Keg

I've tried them and agree with what Richie71 says above, I thought the winter ale was disappointing.

Drum

The winter ale tasted like O'sheas red but 'dry hopped' with a few slices of christmas cake, grand if you like that sort of thing. Not terrible but I wouldnt buy it again. 
The amber is pretty good but I prefer the regular pale ale

irish_goat

O'Shea's Red and Stout were my treat beers in college. I'd have a few of them before switching to more economical options. 2 fine beers but not mad fussed on the pale.

Greg2013

I have to say out of all the O'Sheas beers the Amber Ale is by far my favourite. ;D

delzep

Will_D

I remember me dad had an grocers/offy in Wales in the 60s and this was a class drink. Even had branded glassware.

Can you pronounce it corectly?

O-Ran-ye-Bom
Remember: The Nationals are just round the corner - time to get brewing

delzep

It was a class drink around 2003 too...to me anyway  O0

LordEoin

tried a selection of these O Sheas beer tonight and I'm impressed with them all (apart from the winter ale).
the stout, pale ale, and amber are all great.
and at half the price of some of my other favorites they're fantastic value.

Chris

The dry hopped Amber they had in for Christmas was lovely
Primary: Back to Black Again (Michael Jackson stout)
Secondary:
Conditioning:  Breac Donn Imperial Amber Ale
Drinking: Cascade Reaction Amber Ale, Fear Gorm Irish stout, lonesome pilgrim pale ale
Planned: imperial stout, finlandia kit hack

Greg2013

Quote from: Greg2013 on November 09, 2015, 12:59:38 PM
I have to say out of all the O'Sheas beers the Amber Ale is by far my favourite. ;D

Actually meant to say the Golden Ale. I felt the two in pic were a big let down and i have tried them since.  :-X

cruiscinlan

Quote from: Greg2013 on June 18, 1970, 12:40:43 PM

Actually meant to say the Golden Ale. I felt the two in pic were a big let down and i have tried them since.  :-X

Really? I had the golden before and I couldn't finish it, maybe I got a wrong 'un but it was way too sweet for me.

Greg2013

Quote from: cruiscinlan on February 17, 2016, 06:32:50 PM
Quote from: Greg2013 on June 18, 1970, 12:40:43 PM

Really? I had the golden before and I couldn't finish it, maybe I got a wrong 'un but it was way too sweet for me.

In the interest of further research i shall visit Aldi this week ;D