• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
April 27, 2024, 08:42:04 AM

News:

Want to Join up ? Simply follow the instructions here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

Get Er Brewed Slovenian Hops up for Review

Started by Leann ull, January 07, 2016, 09:46:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Saruman (Reuben Gray)

I brewed an IPA with a mix of three of the hops. It's still in the fermenter and I plan on kegging this weekend.
I used a full 50g packet of Dana, Cardinal and Wolf at 60, 5 and 0 minutes respectively.
Reuben Gray

The Tale of the Ale - My blog about beer

pob

I'm using the Aurora (Super Styrian) in a Californian Common, currently sitting in the FV; its a hybrid developed from Northern Brewer, so hoping for good results.

Good hop & herbal notes.

Will_D

Great feed back, hope you are going to enter our comp!
Remember: The Nationals are just round the corner - time to get brewing

pob

Definitely (once I've tasted it in a week or so).

There should be a few Wickla ones coming over the border for the comp.

fobster

Brewed a Black IPA with 35g mix of Styrian Wolf, Aurora and Cardinal at 15, 10 and 5 minutes then a 2oz mix added at 75c and left in until after cooling & whirlpool.

Pre-dry hopping tasting notes is of a very fruity character reminiscent of a single-hopped Mosaic brew I had last year. After one week in the fermenter, very drinkable at room temperature!

sub82

Brewed a rye beer with 50g each of Dana, Cardinal and Aurora mostly added at the end of the boil in equal quantities.

Kegged last Saturday and it has a bit of a strange taste. Closest I can describe is Lychee but it's not very complimentary to the beer. Anyone else experienced something like this from any of these hops?

I've also never brewed a rye beer with rye 25% of the grist so it could also be this?

krockett

Lads,

I'm thinking of grabbing some of these hops in my next order. Will be putting them in a 5% pale with a big US bitterness addition.

Any recommendations?

cruiscinlan

If you like Asian fruit flavours like lychee then cardinal is the one to go for.