• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
April 27, 2024, 07:08:47 AM

News:

Renewing ? Its fast and easy - just pay here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

Bulldog Hops

Started by Qs, June 24, 2016, 02:08:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Qs

I've just opened a pack of 2013 Topaz from Bulldog hops. They are still a nice dark green and smell great. I remember always getting good, fresh quality from those hops when I bought them a few years ago but the Irish suppliers that used to have them don't seem to have the same supply of them any more. Does anyone know are they still on the go and if so where can you buy them. There doesn't seem to be any 2015 varieties on the Irish shops (with the strange exception of US Goldings on HBW).

I'd love to get them again if they are around because they are obviously very well treated and packaged.

HomeBrewWest

Hi Qs,
We are the importers for these. We have first dibs on them usually (e.g. the new South African ones), so I think we have all the ones that are actually available. I've seen them packed and its impressive: the bags are flushed with nitrogen before filling and sealing. Official site is here:
http://www.bulldogbrews.co.uk/

We've been counting and adding stock after the big move and all hops were off the site for a couple of days, should all be back there now:
http://www.homebrewwest.ie/hop-pellets-422-c.asp
although some are still updating (2015 centennial, cascade and a few more . . . will be up in a couple of hours).

I have an order in at the moment so let me know which ones you are interested in and I'll see if I can add them for collection Monday.
"I am a firm believer in the people. If given the truth, they can be depended upon to meet any national crisis. The great point is to bring them the real facts, and beer." Abraham Lincoln. www.homebrewwest.ie

Qs

Yeah it was you guys I got them from before and I'd checked the site but supplies seemed limited. I was mainly looking for American varieties, particularly cascade and willamette so I'll check the site over the next few days and get an order in when they pop up. Thanks.