• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
May 14, 2024, 05:13:00 AM

News:

Renewing ? Its fast and easy - just pay here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

Brew Belt

Started by Partridge9, December 09, 2012, 10:59:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Partridge9

I got a Youngs Brewbelt - opened the packet and nothing -
I didnt think it was working - but as I havent used one before - wasnt sure how to check.

I passed it over to our science lab (Will_D) and he confirmed with the aid if a multimeter that it wasnt working - said to check the fuse.

I went to check the fuse and it appeared it wasnt wired correctly - the blue and brown were loose in thereĀ  :o - the plug was alos sealed like it was QC tested.

Well long story short - its working now - just wondering if anyone else got hooky brew belts.

Ciderhead

December 09, 2012, 12:27:16 PM #1 Last Edit: December 09, 2012, 12:28:56 PM by Ciderhead
Never had a problem with the orange brew belts, mind you I got a full 220V bang when I was putting one of these on http://www.mybeerandwine.ie/fermwrap-heater-p-317.html They are better at heat transfer but come in from china and are poorly finished.
I believe I had it the wrong way around?, tend not to use it now so much! ;)

LordEoin

I've never had any problems with Youngs' Brewbelts either apart from the temperature they run at (about24C).
I've got one of mine on a socket timer at the moment and it's doing pretty good job until my stc1000 arrives to take over :)

Will_D

QuoteNever had a problem with the orange brew belts, mind you I got a full 220V bang when I was putting one of these on http://www.mybeerandwine.ie/fermwrap-heater-p-317.html They are better at heat transfer but come in from china and are poorly finished.
I believe I had it the wrong way around?, tend not to use it now so much! ;)

I also bought one of these. I am suprised no-one has been killed yet.

They are a printed resistive carbon film type heater.

No problem so far!

HOWEVER the mains terminals are rivetted to the film and are then:

JUST COVERED WITH DABS OF SILICON!

If you use one of these then beware not to touch the rivets.

Whilst "just about safe" as they are they probably don't even comply with Chinese Elf n Safety.

HTH

Will
Remember: The Nationals are just round the corner - time to get brewing