• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
March 28, 2024, 09:15:23 AM

News:

Want to Join up ? Simply follow the instructions here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

Grain Buy.

Started by rebel, October 08, 2016, 09:27:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LordEoin

I'm not being smart either. It was a simple question to clarify contradicting statements.
I just want to know how I need to take the grain.
If we need to take it all in one go, then I will. No worries.

Leann ull

Is there somewhere outside of MCI you could store it temporarily guys just to get it moved off site?

rebel

The man in the malting's , assumed about 25 % would be gone by now at least 50 % by Christmas . It seems everybody had the same idea, to store malt . I got no malt for myself and lost a small amount of money  on the deal. But that's my problem. So lads take a few bags over the next couple of weeks. He will do it this time, but maybe not next time. I do not mind, but if we want to go again. The man in the malting's won't give the good rate next time.  I did a good bit of work on this thankless position of listening to both sides complain.

Leann ull

I know Chris very well and he will sort us out again if required.
Group buys can be a pain in the arse to organise and the devil is in the detail like Vat etc we've all been there, in this instance you missed the important fact of saying it needed to be shifted in timely fashion.
Let's not bicker though and find a way to resolve the issue and so I ask again guys is there anybody in Cork who has a space in a shed or warehouse to to resolve this problem?
My closest warehouse is waterford so I'm no help but I have a good line on rat poison if that's a concern.
What about contacting the local breweries would they store it on a temp basis?
Somebody must have a granny with a garage?
Be positive with solutions only guys please?

Dr Horrible

Ive got a van and a shed, store my grain in there in plastic boxes without any issue. Id be happy to pick up a bunch of grain and store it for a while if anyone wants.
I assumed the same thing, that there was no rush about taking the grain, think everyone did so thats probably why it isnt moving very fast. Now we know different there'll probably be a bit more movement, but as I said Id be happy to help with anyone stuck for storage.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

rebel

it does not have to in one go just have some of it gone by christmas

krockett

Will collect the rest of mine in the next week or two.

Suggest these are organised quarterly. if we knew there would be one in March, July, September for example would be no need to stockpile.

mr hoppy

Personally I picked mine up ASAP but I can hold some provided that anyone wanting to store grain at my house puts it in a rat proof bin. They are available in Atkins on the Straight Road Road for 20e.

krockett

Thanks lads for the storage offers btw. Will pick up one of those bins at Atkins.

On the plus side I got one of those bulldog mills because of this. The grain was like sugar puffs  - just like Skibeagle described.

Hopefully Chris at MCI isnt too cheesed off with this.

irish_goat

You got a photo of one of these bins? Looking to get a grain storage option myself.

mr hoppy

Yep. Just a repurposed rubbish bin. Have photos and will post when I can remember how to.  :-[

SkiBeagle

I can take 2 of my 4 on Friday. Is it ok to leave the remaining 2 or should I just take all 4?

johnrm

It wasn't my plan but I'm collecting my 3 bags and 3 others on Friday.

Dr Horrible

How did your car get on with all the grain John?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk