• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
April 27, 2024, 09:51:45 AM

News:

Renewing ? Its fast and easy - just pay here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

Suggestions for a new hop to try

Started by davebhoy1975, November 21, 2016, 11:36:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

davebhoy1975

I want to try a new hop variety/flavour. I'd like some suggestions as to what you think I should go for. I'm gonna do a single hop ale with an early, late and a dry edition.

Thanks

nigel_c

Leann ull

Centennial if you haven't tried it already

Jonnycheech

What type of ale? APA? IPA? EPA? etc...
Tapped:
Fermentors:
Bottled:

Gugs44

Mosaic, Galaxy, Simcoe are all nice ones for an IPA

nigel_c

Rather then going for a fancy new hipster hops you should try some of the classics.
Cascade. Columbus . Chinook. Amarillo.
Newer but underrated in my opinion is Apollo. Have some a single hop beer with it and was very happy with it.

DEMPSEY

If you want to check out some single hop variety before you brew them then get yourself to Marks and Spencer.  I know your in Kerry but they have a large section of their beers that are single hop. I bought 6 to check out, Jester,boadicea,mosaic,summit,amarillo,since. Have drank the Jester which states it has gooseberry and lychee aroma. Was OK but think it's best as a blended hop myself. Glad I don't have 20 liters of it. ;)
Dei miscendarum discipulus
Forgive us our Hangovers as we forgive those who hangover against us

DEMPSEY

Could be that Chrissy prez that your sister was thinking of what to get you. ;)
Dei miscendarum discipulus
Forgive us our Hangovers as we forgive those who hangover against us

tommy

Bramling cross works really well when you use a lot of it, great blackcurrant and dark fruits flavour off it that plays well in darker beers.
Getting into brewing to save money on beer is like buying a boat to save money on fish......

Pheeel

I had a lovely ale in London brewed with Ella. Unfortunately they ran out after two beers :(

Also if you can get it Jester seems interesting
Issues with your membership? PM me!