• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
April 27, 2024, 02:21:00 PM

News:

Want to Join up ? Simply follow the instructions here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

Yakima Valley Hop group buy

Started by mick02, March 07, 2017, 01:13:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mick02

I didn't want to hijack Dannys thread (http://www.nationalhomebrewclub.ie/forum/hops-board/buy-hops-from-america/) further but I was wondering if anyone is interested in purchasing hops from the states.

The max weight that we can buy to keep the shipping at a reasonable level is 8lbs which is approx 3.5kg.

I've no interest in 3.5kg of hops but I would be willing to go in with two or three others.

@JohnnyCheech has already expressed some interest.

If you want to get an idea of cost etc then check the website - http://www.yakimavalleyhops.com/

Let me know
NHC Committee member

jawalemon

I'm in

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

jawalemon

I'm in

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

mick02

I'll put you down for double quantities so ;)
NHC Committee member

Leann ull

Lads just be careful big buys big duties on freight

mick02

Quote from: CH on March 07, 2017, 02:54:18 PM
Lads just be careful big buys big duties on freight
I was hoping to keep the quantities low. I'd be interested to hear from others if these hops are fresher or better than the ones we get here. Anyone purchased from the states care to comment?
NHC Committee member

Qs

I have some at the moment and I think they're fresher. They certainly smell better out of the bag. Today I kegged my first hoppy beer with them and it was quite good uncarbed anyway. Also took  a little sample from my NEIPA and the aroma is insane. That could be the NEIPAness of it all though I don't know.

mick02

Hey folks,

I'm gonna drop out of this group buy. I'll leave it here in case someone else wants to proceed.
NHC Committee member

Jonnycheech

March 09, 2017, 12:09:11 PM #8 Last Edit: March 11, 2017, 08:21:01 AM by Johnnycheech
I'll probably go ahead with the order. I think the smallest quantity to maximise shipping and avoid customs is the smart choice. 4 pounds is still a lot of hops though. I'd like to see 4 people involved in this order. Any more takers?

1) Johnny
2) Jawa
Tapped:
Fermentors:
Bottled:

DEMPSEY

Would the plan be to pick a hop variety and order that. I have a good Andrew James vacuum yoke to help split up the hops into smaller quantities. Put me down so depending on what we go for.
Dei miscendarum discipulus
Forgive us our Hangovers as we forgive those who hangover against us

BrewDorg

Put me down for 1lb of Mosaic at their sale price. Would like to keep shipping around the $10 mark though to keep it worthwhile, so 6 people in?

Jonnycheech

March 09, 2017, 06:51:26 PM #11 Last Edit: March 11, 2017, 08:21:16 AM by Johnnycheech
You can order what ever you want Dempsey. It would be cheapest to get one type but I'd personally like to get a good few different types, stuff that's not available here. We could put a list together of what we'd like and if we're getting the same types we can bulk buy. If there's 4 of us in would everyone be willing be willing to take 2lbs? Best to order 4lbs and maximise the shipping cost. Shipping cost is $33 so prob about €9 or so after ParcelMotel, which will be to Dublin.
Tapped:
Fermentors:
Bottled:

imark

I've had it shipped directly to me when I get hops from them. Why parcel motel?

Also, I've had to pay customs on both occasions I've ordered from them. I might have been unlucky.

Jonnycheech

Quote from: imark on March 09, 2017, 07:11:09 PM
I've had it shipped directly to me when I get hops from them. Why parcel motel?

Also, I've had to pay customs on both occasions I've ordered from them. I might have been unlucky.

From what i've heard you avoid customs when you use PM.
Tapped:
Fermentors:
Bottled: