• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
March 28, 2024, 10:43:11 AM

News:

Want to Join up ? Simply follow the instructions here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

Hornindal kveik

Started by Dracusse, August 17, 2018, 10:39:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dracusse

3 vacum bags for grabs if any one want ... Just dryed it yesterday

imark

Happy to swap some voss kveik for one if you want?

Dracusse

I have voss one as well mate ..  but happily share that one  if you interested ..  just pm me you address i will send it out on monday

imark

Quote from: Dracusse on August 17, 2018, 02:46:08 PM
I have voss one as well mate ..  but happily share that one  if you interested ..  just pm me you address i will send it out on monday
Cheers. Really appreciate that. Pm sent and thank you.

armedcor

Hey Dracusse

I'd love to try my hand at some kveik if there's still some going?

Dracusse

Have 2 more packs so you can have them ...

armedcor

johnrm

@Dracusse - You drying yeast?

Dracusse

Only kveik . But it is gone now ... If you interested i would keep you in mind for next batch...

johnrm

You said 'Just dried it'
Wondering if you are drying out yeast somehow.

Dracusse

In dehydrator ..  ... Kveik can be dryed in oven as well .. but i would not do that for other yeasties ;)

tipp brewer

Sounds fascinating, how have your beers turned out with this yeast. For some reason I really like the idea of it, it's that natural aged thing I guess. How does it work for different styles and what impact do different styles have on the yeast itself?

Dracusse

If you want next bach i dry i can send some you way .. so far i did oatmeal stout carbing at the moment .. couple of paleales they turned out nice ... Oak leaves carrot ale in fermentor ..   fermenting with it at 20*c up is clean taste ... Over 30*c nice fruity aromas and taste ;)

tipp brewer

That would be great if you don't mind. I must get brewing myself again and that would be an interesting experiment to work towards. I read something about a no boil beer made with some similar yeast I think it was Lithuanian and fermented in 48 hours or something similar.

Dracusse

I tryed Lithuanian couple of times and didnt liked ;) ... Ill let you know when i have some for postage ..