• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
March 28, 2024, 11:00:15 AM

News:

Renewing ? Its fast and easy - just pay here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

Keezer Build Query

Started by Inky, July 14, 2021, 05:56:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Inky

Hey Everyone,

I've been slowly building my keezer the last while and am stuck on 2 things apologies if they've been previously answered I couldnt find them. I have read the guide to kegging but in the picture below it says its 3/16 beer line and 5/8 gas line. I wasjust wondering if that means internal diameter for both of them? I dont wanna buy lines that I'm not going to be able to use. I also have attached a picture of my gas manifolds and I want to get some John Guest disconnects for them I was just wondering if anyone could tell me what size I would need.

Thanks,
Andy

DEMPSEY

when they say, 3/16th or 5/16th or 3/8th, it is always outside measurements OD.
Dei miscendarum discipulus
Forgive us our Hangovers as we forgive those who hangover against us

DEMPSEY

Beer disconnect(out), is always the black one and the Gas in disconnect(in) is always grey. There was some white ones but they were crap ;D .

DEMPSEY

https://www.thehomebrewcompany.ie/straight-stem-reducer-38-316-p-3151.html?cPath=2_209 If you look at these, they come as straight or Elbow and are great to set up 3/16th as your beer line. The stem is 3/8th and the quick connect is 3/16th. they also come as 5.16th quick connect. Make fitting lines better.

LordEoin

Quote from: DEMPSEY on July 14, 2021, 08:32:23 PMBeer disconnect(out), is always the black one and the Gas in disconnect(in) is always grey. There was some white ones but they were crap ;D .
Beer Black
Gas Grey
Took me years to learn this  ;D

DEMPSEY

Posh the word was for the best side to be on a ship. Port Out Starboard Home. And the way to know your port and starboard was in the number of letters in each word. Left= port and red light right = starboard and green light. So at night yoĆ¹ can see the red and green lights and know if a ship was moving away or coming closer.

Inky

Cheers for all the help I'll have to make some purchases and finish this off now. It's been too long at this stage  :)