• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
September 26, 2022, 04:17:35 PM

News:

Want to Join up ? Simply follow the instructions here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

"Dialing in Haze", an NHC webinar with Omega Yeast - Wednesday October 12

Started by SlugTrap, September 23, 2022, 05:27:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SlugTrap

The NHC is happy to host a live exclusive online seminar with Lance Shaner, owner of Omega Yeast:

Dialing in Haze - How Yeast Plays a Role
How do you achieve that consistent beautiful haze in your hazy IPA?
In the early days of NEIPA recipe design, a common misconception was that you needed non-flocculent yeast to stay in suspension for a hazy beer. This is simply not the case.
Certain yeast strains are better suited for hazy beer styles and in fact are a major contributor to stable colloidal haze. I will provide my best recommendations for the most haze-positive yeast strains and our current ideas into what makes these yeast strains so unique.
Another key component to this yeast-dependent colloidal haze is dry hopping. I'll cover best dry hopping practices for the development of haze, including dry hop addition timing, dry hop dose and hop variety-specific effects.

This is an intermediate talk, suitable for both the beginner and more advanced brewer - but you've got to love hops!

The webinar is scheduled for Wednesday October 12 at 20.30 Irish time, and should last about an hour.
Zoom link + login details to follow.

Hope to see you there!

mick02

Quote from: SlugTrap on September 23, 2022, 05:27:21 PMThe NHC is happy to host a live exclusive online seminar with Lance Shaner, owner of Omega Yeast:

Dialing in Haze - How Yeast Plays a Role
How do you achieve that consistent beautiful haze in your hazy IPA?
In the early days of NEIPA recipe design, a common misconception was that you needed non-flocculent yeast to stay in suspension for a hazy beer. This is simply not the case.
Certain yeast strains are better suited for hazy beer styles and in fact are a major contributor to stable colloidal haze. I will provide my best recommendations for the most haze-positive yeast strains and our current ideas into what makes these yeast strains so unique.
Another key component to this yeast-dependent colloidal haze is dry hopping. I'll cover best dry hopping practices for the development of haze, including dry hop addition timing, dry hop dose and hop variety-specific effects.

This is an intermediate talk, suitable for both the beginner and more advanced brewer - but you've got to love hops!

The webinar is scheduled for Wednesday October 12 at 20.30 Irish time, and should last about an hour.
Zoom link + login details to follow.

Hope to see you there!
Rich, great to see something like this in the works. Can't wait! Cheers for organising.
NHC Committee member