• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
April 27, 2024, 04:25:23 PM

News:

Want to Join up ? Simply follow the instructions here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

Feedback on April Brewday

Started by brenmurph, April 20, 2013, 10:16:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brenmurph

Been and gone, another successful day.
Paul and Michelle were sittin beside each other on de green bus and didnt know till I picked dem up at the bus stop....funny dat!
Lovely group of lads and lassies atteended and all went on plan. Got to share the Kurzer Altbier specially brought in from Dusseldorf and a load of other beers, Blueshed brough a collection of homebrews and a great Pie for the dinner table, tanx a mill,  all others came with gifts & seemed to have a ball.

Food by Kellie.....Pea-omlette, stir-fried Turkey, Rice with cashews & Turmeric, spicy marinated Chickpeas, beetroot &  feta salad, Michelle's salad, Johns Pie, and a few other bits and snacks...( are yis droolin?)

First time ever SG was as predicted by Beersmith, bang 1049 for dis Altbier, despite a slower  dan usual boiler ( turned out element needed descaling and I never noticed) all wen gud wit de brew, nice and clear wort, tastes great (saaz perle munich and pilsner + crystal).

Michelle pitched the magical ingredient (yeast) on top of de wort just on time to head for de green bus back to the big smoke.

Eugene picked up a load of usefull advice, John seems more motivated to go all-grain, and paul just enjoyed de few beers and banter. Justin, Mick, Phil, Sam, Gonky, Anna, Monica, Amy, Conor, Owen, Sandra & Lynn  dropped in for a while to share in de atmosphere.

Mucho Gracious for all de little gifts, beers cakes, salads from de guests and Lynn who dropped in a dozen 10 litre fermenters and lids from de local chippy where she works.

Best one ever tanks to all 4 makin a great day
Till the next one

Brendan

Will_D

Wow, Wow, and more Wows -Seems a massive gastro/brew day!

Sounds like more great food than beer??

Any photos/write-up for the front page??
Remember: The Nationals are just round the corner - time to get brewing

brenmurph

Michelle and kellie were takin pics Ill give dem a shout..
Im sure we have a few new members as well!!

Day was usual Kildare mash day format, however de sun made it a bit more wonderful as we done most of it oudoors.

brenmurph

Quote from: Will_D on April 20, 2013, 10:34:08 PM

Sounds like more great food than beer??

Any photos/write-up for the front page??

And no..der was no shortage of beer!  Ive 11 on keg inc lime wheatbier, american coffee stout, English mild, another weiss, extra stout, belgian candy ale, peat smoked scotish ale and den a few  commercial crafts de guests brought....oh and the Kurzer Alt ( not available anywhere as far as I know).

Blueshed

had a brillant day yesteray, much thanks to my hosts who provided such great food, beer, knowledge.

had the car with me so only tasted about 10 drinks  :P , still drank less than a pint.

2 beers stood out for me, the smoked ale and the coffee stout.

my first time to grind grain and got to see BeerSmith in action, all i can say is WOW.

looking forward to drinking some of the beer that i helped to brew.

to anybody who has an intrest in homebrewing and good beer then get yourself down to Brens for a brewday.

brenmurph

Glad u enjoyed Blueshed, spread de word! We all need plenty practical experience and sharing of knowledge / ideas to move de real beer movement forward!

Kellie

A great day was most certainly had........great beer, good food, good company and lots of banter and a bit of sunshine.......what more could we want!

Thank you to all who brought food/beer with them it all adds to the enjoyment of the day.

I especially cant wait to taste this Altbeir...........as I really enjoyed it in Dusseldorf so I'm expecting big things lads and lasses!!  ;)

I love to see the brew days busy, we have plenty of people dropping in and out throughout the day interested in what we are brewing next and having a sample of current drinking stock.

So here's to waiting patiently for a sample of Altbeir.......... :)