• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
May 15, 2024, 09:23:34 AM

News:

Want to Join up ? Simply follow the instructions here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

South Kildare's brewery coming along well

Started by brenmurph, September 29, 2013, 08:34:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brenmurph

September 29, 2013, 08:34:28 PM Last Edit: September 29, 2013, 10:14:59 PM by brenmurph
hard week this week between busy with clients and trying to get the brewery built..Oh and we had a great bjcp day in farringtons which completely wiped out my Saturday :)

heres some pics to update ye on the results of all our hard work, including a few of our fans who popped in and hgave a dig out for a few hours this week
today was the most productive day..up to today I had a few hours here and there.. today I got a run of 12 hours and Keith arrived and goyt roped into a 3 hr sting finishing the roof.

kellie gave me a hand to get all the glass completed, as ye see in the pics we have a sunny 2-sided building with 3 windows and the double glazing will throw lots of light and heat into the building. It will be finished to a top class standard and will be a fab place for our brewdays, chilled feet up and a pint and for all my day to day brewing tasks.

Will feature a home for the conical, a ferment chamber fuelled by the heat from the serving fridge, a grain store, a 6 person seating table arrangement for brew days tasting and chilling, a sink, gas cooker, big extractor for the boiling, a 100 litre temp controlled fermenting chamber ( 40l conical, 33l fermenter, 25 l fermenter 2 x sections 15c and 19 c), a permanent wired/ plumbed  up mash system and a lot more besides.

More updates next sunday. get yor asses down to the best brew club in Ireland for a meet up brewday :) ;) :D ;D

And sorry will D...an airbed in case kellie locks me out :(...  however if carlsberg made  doghouses  :) ;) :D ;D  I couldnt think of a better doghouse to sleep in....may not be too many beers left by the mornin :D

Will_D

I thought from what I overheard yesterday there was supposed to be "A sleeping berth for Bren" !!!

@Kellie:  As Una woud say Kellie "If you let them build a massive big dog-house at least let them be comfy in it" ;)
Remember: The Nationals are just round the corner - time to get brewing

brenmurph

Quote from: Il Tubo on September 29, 2013, 09:42:07 PM
Looking good, but one question: why do the windows open inwards?

no idea shane.. theyre from fatima mansions when tit was knocked down

Kellie

@Will..........great idea, i suggested he built in a bed that he call pull down off the wall and fold up when not being used.........or failing that just put a couch in there........I totally agree with Una! :)

brenmurph

Quote from: Il Tubo on September 29, 2013, 09:58:24 PM
Quote from: brenmurph on September 29, 2013, 09:57:05 PM
no idea shane.. theyre from fatima mansions when small bird was knocked down

:confused:

I didnt write small bird..thats ur silly sensoring system..

I said theyre from fatima mansions. The flats wer knocked down but we got all the new windows.
they open inwards so they cant jump out and fall down 6 floors.  They open inward or tilt whichever u want.

brenmurph

dunno how ur sensoring system changed "they"  to small bird ;D

johnrm

Was my name used in vain? I'll have to censor my name...

johnrm

brenmurph

This weeks update on the new brewery pics included again. ( more pics in first post  above)
outside just about finished. All walls insulated, and cladded, ceiling up and insulated, first coat of paint all round, Kitchen coming along nicely, gas geyser industrial extractor fan, plumbing in, electrics in, and I'd say a week will finish it. Update again next sunday when hopefully it will be finished and a working brewery.

see pics

Will_D

Love the way the Pint pot gets himself intoseveral of the shots!

Looking great Bren
Remember: The Nationals are just round the corner - time to get brewing

brenmurph

@ will...
Ya see will its thirsty, dusty work buildin a brewery, mush have some liquid refreshment on hand at all times to save the throat drying up :)