• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
April 28, 2024, 08:03:08 AM

News:

Renewing ? Its fast and easy - just pay here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

Augustine Dublin Steam Lager

Started by delzep, February 10, 2014, 12:13:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kieranfinnerty

Greg
The anchor on that logo is directly from the Anchor Brewery on Ushers Street (just across from the Dice Bar over Queen Street bridge). They used that anchor to promote D'Arcy's Dublin Stout. I own the trademark in Ireland for D'Arcy's (you can check with the Irish Trademark office) The image of the brewery is from the same establishment. I also own the Anchor Brewery (1740) Ltd. If those brewers from San Francisco thought they had anything on us they would have already lodged an objection with Irish Trademark Office.
KF

Leann ull

That's a bit like Supermacs and the Golden Arches, they only take action or an interest when there is a deemed threat or potential loss of income, best of luck with the beer and glad to see you are maintaining a standard where others haven't and pushed out any old crap.

cruiscinlan

Had a pint of this when out in Dice Bar specifically because of this thread.  To be honest not much between it and a regular/non-steam lagers generally although of course streets ahead of Heineken/Carlsberg and totally lacking the old cheese/feet smell I associate with them.

Qs

Quote from: CH on December 15, 2015, 08:20:00 PM
That's a bit like Supermacs and the Golden Arches, they only take action or an interest when there is a deemed threat or potential loss of income, best of luck with the beer and glad to see you are maintaining a standard where others haven't and pushed out any old crap.

As far as I know you are obliged to protect your trademark or lose it though. Most companies, especially someone like MaccieDs would come down hard if they thought they had a case. I suspect they just think they can't win a case vs Supermacs. I remember them suing a small independent chipper in the UK called McDonells or something similar at one point.

I'd say if Anchor knew about the beer in this thread they'd definitely take action. I mean the local one is called Anchor Brewery and the big SF one is called Anchor Brewing. You may as well open a brewery called 80 Degrees.

johnrm

kieranfinnerty

New batch of Augustine just arrived at the DiceBar I'd be interested in any feedback

cruiscinlan

Quote from: kieranfinnerty on March 09, 2016, 09:43:38 PM
New batch of Augustine just arrived at the DiceBar I'd be interested in any feedback

Any chance of a special offer on it in return?  :P

kieranfinnerty

Well we do pitchers of Augustine & Revolution for €11.20. The Revolution was kegged about 10 days ago