• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
April 29, 2024, 01:04:24 PM

News:

Renewing ? Its fast and easy - just pay here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

Friend looking to get beer mats into pubs for advertising

Started by molc, January 07, 2015, 09:13:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

molc

This is a bit of a strange one, but I know some people here work in the pub industry so as good a place to ask as any. A friend wants to advertise on beer mats and was looking for some pointers. Their query in full:

"I would like to advertise my company on beer mats, but I don't know how it works. Where do the pubs get their beer mats from, who would print ours and would the pubs accept them?"

If anyone has any input, I'll pass it on; if not, no worries.
Fermenting: IPA, Lambic, Mead
Conditioning: Lambic, Cider, RIS, Ole Ale, Saison
On Tap: IPA, Helles, Best Bitter

irish_goat

Pubs get their beer mats from breweries. They're normally just handed out either with a delivery or in the case of a macro, bundled together with other promotional materials.

There's a good few companies online that print beer mats. From my experience with the Beoir beer mats, the price you will be quoted online is about 80% higher than the price a microbrewery will pay, so if your friend has any connections with a brewery he could save a lot of money. Unless he's planning on buying up loads.

Whether or not pubs will accept them depends on what the business is and what the beer mat looks like, whether or not they've an agreement to only use certain beermats, and in some cases, they might ask for something in return.

Being honest, I'm not sure if they're worth the money.

DEMPSEY

Is he selling penis reduction drinks because if he is the pubs will not accept them as it would be in conflict with their own product sales :P
Dei miscendarum discipulus
Forgive us our Hangovers as we forgive those who hangover against us

DEMPSEY

Hey I did not write love pump I wrote penis. Who is watching wot oi rite :D

DEMPSEY

molc

Cheers. Kina what I figured, as I've only ever seen advertising for brews or the pub itself on the mats. I'll pass it on.
Fermenting: IPA, Lambic, Mead
Conditioning: Lambic, Cider, RIS, Ole Ale, Saison
On Tap: IPA, Helles, Best Bitter