• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
May 18, 2024, 10:51:24 AM

News:

Want to Join up ? Simply follow the instructions here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

BT Scamming calls

Started by Gerryjo, March 28, 2017, 05:03:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gerryjo

Have had six phones calls today claiming they were from BT and to tell me that my internet would be disconnected in an hour due to faulty traffic coming from my PC.
Already clued in I went along pretending to do what he asked and when I asked what pressing CTRL+R would do on the keyboard he asked me to wait so he could get his supervisor.Off course I hung up at this stage.
Next call hung up whilst laughing so he persisted to ring claiming again he was from BT with a middle eastern accent (no disrespect),so all he wanted was to confirm my PC ID number so I asked what my IP address was for my router but he couldn't so I politely told him to f@#£off whereas he then proceeded to call me a dumbf#£k.Gasp!!!
I asked again if he was a BT employee and yes was the reply.
I said if that is the case surely it's against protocol to swear at a customer as calls are recorded and he hung up.I think he was having a bad so they rang back later with a woman on the line and this time a Bradford number and of course when checked it's another scam.
So if you get a call report it as I did or have a laugh and make their day....
Mods feel free to edit or remove post

Sent from my ALE-L21

LordEoin

You're so mean. The poor guy just had a job to do.
Scamming people all day's a shitty enough job without having people swear at you in such a disgraceful manner.

Gerryjo

Aye him and the rest of the scammers out there.

Sent from my ALE-L21

DEMPSEY

There are some great YouTube clips of people having fun with these scammers
Dei miscendarum discipulus
Forgive us our Hangovers as we forgive those who hangover against us