• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
April 27, 2024, 10:40:09 PM

News:

Renewing ? Its fast and easy - just pay here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

Homebrew Beer Fest

Started by admin, June 23, 2013, 10:31:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

admin

Lads, can I draw your attention to this thread, and see what you think?

http://nationalhomebrewclub.com/forum/index.php/topic,2941.0.html

Bill_00

It appears to be gone? Or the link is dead anyway

sub82

It's working for me - looks great!

Bill_00

Yes, it appears it's in the "Members Only section"...which I imagine is not as risque as it sounds!

matthewdick23

shane

i'll have a look. anyone know where to start?

matthew

Bill_00

Judging from CAMRA's festivals in the Ulster Hall I think the "token" model is above board. I know a fair few of the guys at the last Ulster Hall (certainly in the cider section) were large scale home brewers

Bill_00

John Hewitt appears to be doing a festival next week...may be worth enquiring with their folk?

Bill_00

I also have a mate at Pubs of Ulster that I can maybe inquire with

matthewdick23

sweet chris- i emailed camras festival guy and a lawyer friend. u wann see what you can do your end ?

Bill_00

https://www.gov.uk/licence-finder/sectors

According to this, if we could persuade the Hudson to hold it under their banner, we'd all be good to go...no licenses required for production, just for sales.

Of course getting any proceeds back into the clubs coffers would be the thing. At any rate, looks like the standard licence dodges will suffice

matthewdick23

aye, they dont sell nehomebrew at the festival. issue for us, i think, will be that duty hasnt been paid on the beer so we cant sell it.  but we will look into it more

i did ask them if we can have a homebrew table at the festival- that's be sweet

sub82

I'm almost certain there was an Armagh apple stall at St. Georges market that used to sell apples, apple juice and alcoholic cider. Would it be worth contacting the market? Or is that different if it isn't being consumed?

Bill_00

Duty is to be paid per hectalitre...so if you do less than 100 litres you could well get away with it.

Beyond that, duty is £20 per hectalitre...so not necessarily out of the question

matthewdick23

Quote from: Bill_00 on June 25, 2013, 09:01:26 AM
Duty is to be paid per hectalitre...so if you do less than 100 litres you could well get away with it.

Beyond that, duty is £20 per hectalitre...so not necessarily out of the question

lol, not sure we want to try and get away with it. probably important to do things above board- doubt anywhere would let us do it if it wasnt legit anyways

duty depends on more than volume. it's abv per volume

Bill_00

Oh yeah...forgot about that.

Well, just keep the ABV under 2.9%  :P :P

Also important to note that cider has rules onto itself regarding licenses to even produce the stuff.