• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
March 28, 2024, 03:25:33 PM

News:

Renewing ? Its fast and easy - just pay here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

BrewCon 2016

Started by irish_goat, January 10, 2016, 05:30:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DEMPSEY

Dei miscendarum discipulus
Forgive us our Hangovers as we forgive those who hangover against us

Will_D

What a great day out. Many thanks to the organisers and the speakers and the sponsors for producing such an excellent conference.

Here's to next year
Remember: The Nationals are just round the corner - time to get brewing

molc

*hick* Excellent night. Thanks again to all the organisers. You managed to excel last year which I didn't think was possible!
Fermenting: IPA, Lambic, Mead
Conditioning: Lambic, Cider, RIS, Ole Ale, Saison
On Tap: IPA, Helles, Best Bitter

fishjam45 (Colin)

What a great day!
Some great speakers making some great points - I'm glad I took notes! I've lots to research now which can only improve my brewing and "push the boundaries".
Well done to all involved in the organisation too, top job!!!
Garden County Brewers

https://gcbrewers.wordpress.com/

Shanna

Quote from: molc on April 23, 2016, 09:35:17 PM
*hick* Excellent night. Thanks again to all the organisers. You managed to excel last year which I didn't think was possible!
Great day & night. Testament to the quality of the beer I don't have a hang over :) Thanks to all the organisers & speakers. Now off to start that thread.

Shanna
Cornie keg group buy organiser, storeman & distribution point
Hops Group buy packer
Regulator & Taps distribution point
Stainless Steel Fermenter Group Buy Organiser
South Dublin Brewers member

helmet

Great day lads, fair play! By any chance did anyone come across the Wee County banner all rolled up in its tube? We "misplaced" it!

JDC

Many thanks to the Speakers, organisers, sponsors and to Smock Alley for such an informative day. Great to meet a few new faces and share a few nice beers. Thoroughly enjoyed the day.
Garden County Brewers

https://gcbrewers.wordpress.com/

Give a man a beer, waste an hour. Teach a man to brew, and waste a lifetime!

bigvalen

I learned a lot, and only for I'd been up till 03:30 at a wedding the night before, couldn't speak, and the wife wanted me home early, I'd love to have stayed for more fun. Really well run event, and the venue was amazing.

I can't help thinking that more events, throughout the year, in the same venue, would work well...just 2 hour ones, 4 short talks. It'd be brilliant. There are so many knowledgeable people in the scene, who have so much to share...

Leann ull

Quote from: helmet on April 24, 2016, 09:37:55 AM
Great day lads, fair play! By any chance did anyone come across the Wee County banner all rolled up in its tube? We "misplaced" it!

You misplaced it alright I have your back though, nobody gets left behind, pm me with a contact number and address.

cruiscinlan

I believe a tweed cap of the quiet man variety made the rounds at some point. Could whoever has it get in touch as I'm nearly completely bald and need it to avoid skin cancer. Ta vurra much

pob

Really great day.

Stunning selection of great beers on show aswell.

Surprisingly clear head today (NigelC & Bubbles: must have been the chillies, eh!)

Rest of the body shattered though.

Roll on #BrewCon2017.

Great to catch up with so many again.

Dunkel

+1 to all the above posters. Great day, many thanks to all the organisers. And the Rascals Wunderbar IPA was amazing  ;D

cruiscinlan

Quote from: CH on April 24, 2016, 10:42:53 AM

You misplaced it alright I have your back though, nobody gets left behind, pm me with a contact number and address.

Speaking of the misplaced, anyone seen the attached? Not the former prez mind but his headgear?

lordstilton

CAn we get a lost and found section.. I misplaced a pair of sunglasses too