• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
April 27, 2024, 02:17:50 PM

News:

Want to Join up ? Simply follow the instructions here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

"Irish Craft Brewers Association"

Started by admin, January 14, 2013, 07:07:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

admin

Following on from the earlier posts, can anyone remember what they micros' association is called with Cuilan Loughnane at the helm? It's not the Irish Craft Brewers Association.

Or is the Irish Craft Brewers Association a new entity?

Partridge9

I heard a rumour of some sort of 'craftbrew' Co-Op setup recently - to help with distribution etc.. maybe thats it.

Taf

I'm not sure of the name, but I think Shane Long heads it up, and I think Cuilan Loughnane is also involved, or maybe there are two? There have been some meetings mentioned on twitter recently. I know a co-op think was mentioned by a few others as well after the brewing course in the well, but not sure what's going on with that.

Anyway, I was talking to the lads at the Well last night, and they (the F Well/Coors) are going to buy all types of bulk grain, loose and bagged and pass it on at cost to the other micros. I guess it's a bit of a PR operation really to rebuild some of their credibility. I've also requested that they do the same for the NHC as it would create a lot of goodwill to homebrewers as well, and I think they will go for it. Not sure what kind of time scale this will be on, but it sounds promising. Some people may not want to be involved with Coors, but there's going to be some good opportunities for the NHC I think.

JimmyM

Sounds like good news there!!
Good work Taf!
Formerly JamesM.

DEMPSEY

That's great news Taf,
personally I have no issue with anybody doing what's best for themselves and their own business,i.e. the Coors,Well link up. As a consumer of beer,I want good choice and if they can offer that to  me,then heh :).
Went for a pint with a friend of mine on Sunday night,and all I could get was a pint bottle of Macardles. Just give me real choice and I wont have to give you the look >:(
Dei miscendarum discipulus
Forgive us our Hangovers as we forgive those who hangover against us