• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
April 27, 2024, 11:51:50 PM

News:

Renewing ? Its fast and easy - just pay here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

Wee County Brewers Red White and Brew Fest - All Welcome - Win Great Prizes

Started by balon, September 20, 2023, 12:54:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

balon

We're delighted to host the ultimate brewing competition in Ireland showcasing US styles and there is still plenty of time to get your entry in.

We welcome entries from brewers of all levels so even if you are new to the hobby, please be encouraged to enter for great feedback and the chance to win one of many great prizes from our long list of sponsors.  This is a great chance to showcase your craft and our panel of expert judges will provide great feedback and advice to help you grow and learn in the hobby.

The winner of our competition will have the chance to collaborate with Mourne Mountains Brewery in Warrenpoint, Co. Down to have their winning recipe brewed to commercial scale and there are a host of additional prizes including:

€100 voucher for The Homebrew Company
5 X INKBIRD 1TC-308 WIFI Temperature Controllers from INKBIRD
Yeast hamper from WHC Lab
Belgian beer hamper from Drink Link
Whistler Imperial Stout Cask Finish Whiskey from Boann Distillery
American beer hamper from Brick Yard Gastro Pub
25kg Malt from Loughran Brewing Stores

Joining this competition connects you with like-minded individuals who share your passion for brewing. You'll form friendships, exchange ideas, as part of a vibrant community that celebrates creativity and craftsmanship.

How to Enter:

Visit our competition website at weecountybrewers.com
Register for the competition and pay the entry fee (less than the price of a pint per entry)
Submit your brew in the appropriate category by November 4th for judging on November 25th.

If you have any questions or need more information, feel free to reply here or contact us through the website.

Cheers to great beers and even greater prizes! We look forward to seeing you at the competition.

Wee County Brewers

onesoma

Hey folks, I have a beer that I'd like to enter, but I can't find an appropriate category. Essentially it's a 21C. Hazy IPA, but with a strength classification (according to 21B. Specialty IPA) of Session – ABV: 3.0 – 5.0%.

I think the only option for this is 34B. Mixed-Style Beer with a base style of 21C. Hazy IPA, but 34B is not an option in your comp.

Any advice on how to proceed?

balon

We're just checking on this for you. Go ahead and enter whatever style you think best fits for now and it's easily changed if needed. Will get back to you with clarification once we have it. It does seem to be a bit of a grey area... Thanks for asking!

balon

21B Specialty IPA of session strength with base of 21C is appropriate. Session versions of American and English IPAs are given as examples in the guidelines so it follows that hazy IPA would also fit here

onesoma

StevenMac

Hey guys, i've got 2 beers that I want to enter,

1 is a strawberry flavoured IPA. Should this be put into the  29 C - Speciality Fruit Beer category or just the 21A American IPA  or 21B  Speciality IPA?

2 is a Pumpkin Beer. Should this be in the 30B Autumn seasonal beer category? or is there a better suited one? Thanks

balon

Thanks to all who entered the Wee County Brewers Red White and Brew Fest American beer styles competition which took place at Mo Chara in Dundalk last weekend. We are delighted to have had a great spread of local and international entries with the overall winner coming from from Miami!

Congratulations to Gary Fuller for his Best of Show Foreign Extra Stout with Tonka Bean which will be recreated with Mourne Mountains Brewery in the new year. Gary is hoping to make the trip to Ireland for the brew day when it happens.

Results are on www.weecountybrewers.com

Thanks to all our sponsors: Mo Chara, NHC, Mourne Mountains Brewery, The Homebrew Company, The Cru, Drink Link Newry, WHC labs, Loughran Malt, INKBIRD, Brick Yard Gastro Pub and Boann Distillery

Congrats to all winners!