• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
May 21, 2024, 08:34:17 AM

News:

Want to Join up ? Simply follow the instructions here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

(proposed) Policy on microbreweries

Started by Pheeel, March 08, 2016, 07:16:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pheeel

I have no political affiliation in Ireland and its a bit late now but i saw this which of interest. We can only hope the new govt considers something similar... because there's not a lot else for them to worry about!!

I do love me a tap room but only being able to sell your own wares is quite restrictive. Its quite normal for tap rooms to have a guest cider for those that don't drink beer) but i suppose it would be better than nothing

http://www.renuaireland.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/MicroBreweries.pdf
Issues with your membership? PM me!

nigel_c

Tiss a big step in the right direction.

jawalemon

Probably the only step they made in the right direction.

Eoin

Quote from: jawalemon on March 08, 2016, 11:02:28 PM
Probably the only step they made in the right direction.

In fairness they would be a pretty big departure to the right.....

DEMPSEY

Being out of step with the herd has being one of my attributes down the years,was an advocate of craft beer before it was called craft for example and so voted for them. I am unique in Ireland for voting for policy and not cause he or she has a nice smile ;)
Dei miscendarum discipulus
Forgive us our Hangovers as we forgive those who hangover against us

Eoin

Quote from: DEMPSEY on March 09, 2016, 12:38:26 PM
Being out of step with the herd has being one of my attributes down the years,was an advocate of craft beer before it was called craft for example and so voted for them. I am unique in Ireland for voting for policy and not cause he or she has a nice smile ;)

Yeah, but they're a little to the right of Atilla the hun..... whatever floats yer boat.

DEMPSEY

Right wing Left wing sming is mostly bumkin here in Ireland. I am a commited commonsensist first and always ;)
Dei miscendarum discipulus
Forgive us our Hangovers as we forgive those who hangover against us

armedcor

Nothing common sense about that party of loons...

Will_D

Well having read the pdf I think its a very well put together piece of logical argument in support of craft brewerys and what they NEED in return from goverment to achieve ongoing success.

I will be sending the pdf to our North County elected reps as a suggestion for THEIR parties to take on board a policy to support Irish craft brewers.

I could not have expressed the arguments so succinctly!
Remember: The Nationals are just round the corner - time to get brewing

Pheeel

Quote from: Will_D on March 09, 2016, 09:09:18 PM
Well having read the pdf I think its a very well put together piece of logical argument in support of craft brewerys and what they NEED in return from goverment to achieve ongoing success.

I will be sending the pdf to our North County elected reps as a suggestion for THEIR parties to take on board a policy to support Irish craft brewers.

I could not have expressed the arguments so succinctly!

Yep, which is why I sent it. Thanks for passing it on Will!
Issues with your membership? PM me!

phelixoflaherty

They never got a chance to fix the roads

Qs

Renua had a couple of good ideas hidden beneath their mainly regressive nonsense. It'd be nice if some other parties could pick up on this now.

Tom

Just read it. This bit:
The HSE, Revenue and Local Authority interpretation of the regulations varies greatly from region to region

is a bit of an understatement! Sometimes there's no agreement within one bloody office!

</rant>

LordEoin